There are 170 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I had the article then lost it but La Canfora said the 49ers and Browns have been the busiest. 49ers are shopping Asomugha and Baldwin. I doubt we get a 7th for either but means they will probably get cut soon. Baldwin inactive if he isn't hurt means we are going to give Marlon Moore one last go. Either way seems like Williams stays and Asomugha, Moore, Baldwin could be gone.

Give them Baldwin and LMJ for Gordon.

well we going to find out what niners are up to the next 2 days if anything, i know the niners are ninjas and don't speak or show their cards on anything. remember the peyton manning sweepstakes? baalke saying unlikely we getting a wr means NOTHING lol, for all you know the deal is done and they waiting till monday or tuesday.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
well we going to find out what niners are up to the next 2 days if anything, i know the niners are ninjas and don't speak or show their cards on anything. remember the peyton manning sweepstakes? baalke saying unlikely we getting a wr means NOTHING lol, for all you know the deal is done and they waiting till monday or tuesday.

I think the Browns were just throwing players out there seeing what they could get and doubt we trade for him. My guess is we tried to trade Asomugha and Baldwin for a 7th each or maybe both for a 7th and nobody bit. They will probably be released soon. Asomugha in the next few days, then Moore or Baldwin when Manningham comes back and the other when Crabtree comes back. Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Osgood (st active), Patton (inactive). In these next few days and weeks it will get interesting as we start cutting guys and replacing them with Tank, Wright and Manningham.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM ]
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet32m
#Browns have had talks for WR Josh Gordon, but source tells me no trade expected by Tuesday. Belief is it'd take at least a 2nd rounder.

And #Titans are shopping WR Kenny Britt and the price is not high. That said, no takers yet. Lions would make sense… if no off-field issues

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet27m
Another player on the block, according to @NFL execs: #49ers RB Anthony Dixon. In a RB-needy league, he's only making $630,000. We'll see
Wonder why Dixon is on the block, unless someone inquired about him?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninergold:
people also breathlessly assured us we would sign woodson and reed this off season

well I believe he is a free agent at the end of the season...so they are trying to see if they can get something "good"... i really don't know what that would be considered but I don't know if it would be worth it, if we are trying to make a SuperBowl run.

If Gore gets injured we are left with 2 small running backs....I mean can you imagine trying to run out the clock late in the game with James? dude would get broken in two trying to constantly run up the middle.

either way I'm a huge Dixon fan, and I REALLY do believe he can help these teams that need running backs. We have Lattimore for next year...so we'll see.

this is not counting his special team contributions...and the chemistry it might affect.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:

well I believe he is a free agent at the end of the season...so they are trying to see if they can get something "good"... i really don't know what that would be considered but I don't know if it would be worth it, if we are trying to make a SuperBowl run.

If Gore gets injured we are left with 2 small running backs....I mean can you imagine trying to run out the clock late in the game with James? dude would get broken in two trying to constantly run up the middle.

either way I'm a huge Dixon fan, and I REALLY do believe he can help these teams that need running backs. We have Lattimore for next year...so we'll see.

this is not counting his special team contributions...and the chemistry it might affect.
of course this is the truth,, afrikan , along with dixons great play last year,, made me see the light with dixon,,,, no he stays. he is the best short yardage back we have, great special teams, great locker room,,, well all of those things afrikan just said! hope dixon gets some time in the backfield in the second half today , he should the way this thing is going
  • Liono
I'd consider trading a 2nd round pick for a quality WR. Just imagine what would happen to our offense if Boldin went down. It would be ungodly.

I know we're getting Manningham and Crabtree back, but will they retain Boldin and Manningham? Now that we know how badly our "depth" sucks, we should get someone else. A younger cat with some speed.
If chiefs WIN today the 49ers receive an additional 2nd round pick
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
If chiefs WIN today the 49ers receive an additional 2nd round pick

This will be nice!

I want Josh Gordon in SF badly!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Congratulations all round !! We just won ourselves a 2nd round pick from the Chiefs !! Yoohoo.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I had the article then lost it but La Canfora said the 49ers and Browns have been the busiest. 49ers are shopping Asomugha and Baldwin. I doubt we get a 7th for either but means they will probably get cut soon. Baldwin inactive if he isn't hurt means we are going to give Marlon Moore one last go. Either way seems like Williams stays and Asomugha, Moore, Baldwin could be gone.

Give them Baldwin and LMJ for Gordon.

Why aren't we even giving Baldwin a chance ? If anything Kyle Williams needs to go before anyone else !!
Originally posted by Rascal:
Why aren't we even giving Baldwin a chance ? If anything Kyle Williams needs to go before anyone else !!

Agree, I really thought we would keep him this offseason since he is signed for next year and see if we can help him improve and reach some of his potential. With us looking to trade him doesn't seem as likely now. Yeah I'd rather keep him than Kyle and Marlon.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Probably because Baldwin is turrible.
Share 49ersWebzone