LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 242 users in the forums

Garrett Celek TE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This isn't the sexy move but it's the kind of contract extension that helps build championship caliber teams.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
Better than Vance but then again who isn't.

Trolololol

He's actually speaking the truth
yes he is. the kid was our best tight end last year. he and bell will be good players for us this year
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
One thing's for sure, Celek did earn every dollar he's gotten.. .and that's thru hard work!!

He deserve to be the starter coming in and let the rest of the TEs take it away from him..
I think Celek, Bell and McDonald fit Chips offense pretty well. Wouldnt be surprised if one of them steps up big this season.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:

Trolololol

yes he is. the kid was our best tight end last year. he and bell will be good players for us this year

But cc fundamentally Vance is awesome
Oh you mean the bad hands that was on his college scouting report. Those same bad hands he hasn't improved at all in the nfl. I'm no expert but catching the damn is kind of important at his position. A TE that can't catch is as bad Dlineman that doesn't get sacks, but I guess some tend to like those type of players.

The same bad hands that Delanie and VD had coming out of college but were somehow able to improve upon them over time? Late last year was the first time McDonald got any sort of consistent targets. Its definitely something he can build on.
Oh you mean the bad hands that was on his college scouting report. Those same bad hands he hasn't improved at all in the nfl. I'm no expert but catching the damn is kind of important at his position. A TE that can't catch is as bad Dlineman that doesn't get sacks, but I guess some tend to like those type of players.

The same bad hands that Delanie and VD had coming out of college but were somehow able to improve upon them over time? Late last year was the first time McDonald got any sort of consistent targets. Its definitely something he can build on.

I wouldn't call them the same bad hands, Vernon didn't drop them like Vance drops them.
Originally posted by 9moon:
One thing's for sure, Celek did earn every dollar he's gotten.. .and that's thru hard work!!

He deserve to be the starter coming in and let the rest of the TEs take it away from him..

What makes you say that? How has he worked harder than anyone else on the team?
Plus, isn't he often injured?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

I wouldn't call them the same bad hands, Vernon didn't drop them like Vance drops them.

Was Vernon a natural pass catcher? No. But dude could catch the ball most of the time, no matter how awkward he looked. Plus, he was extremely clutch for a few years. Vance doesn't belong in the same sentence.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Trolololol

you note i left him out of the discussion

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Was Vernon a natural pass catcher? No. But dude could catch the ball most of the time, no matter how awkward he looked. Plus, he was extremely clutch for a few years. Vance doesn't belong in the same sentence.

He led the NFL in dropped passes in 2009. Walker was up there in dropped passes once he started getting regular targets. Neither of those guys had great hands, both of them worked through it and were able to make an impact once they got enough targets. I'm hopeful that McDonald can do the same because that would be one less need that the team has to fill in a laundry list of needs.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 17, 2016 at 4:06 PM ]

Trolololol

Top 5 blocker.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Trolololol

Top 5 blocker.

lol a TE that can't catch is like a b***h with no ass.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Trolololol

Top 5 blocker.

lol a TE that can't catch is like a b***h with no ass.

Or a slut with no tits. It's just not right
I like Celek, Mcdonald, Bell, and Anderson going into next season.
Share 49ersWebzone