LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Garrett Celek TE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Just wondering what people thought of him. I think he'll be the replacement and maybe we'll take another TE in the mid or later rounds of the draft but really don't know how much our offense needs another TE.

Mods- There is a Celek thread all ready but mostly of pics of his gf.
Celek looks like a solid TE, has better hands than Delanie (I hope) and has good size so I hope he becomes a red zone target
In b4 pics of Garrett's gf
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
In b4 pics of Garrett's gf

ok
Ertz
sure
There are still solid TEs on the market. Wouldn't be surprised if we picked one up for ultra cheap.
Florida's Jordan Reed to step in and replace Delanie.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/jordan-reed?id=2540160
Originally posted by KegBert:
Florida's Jordan Reed to step in and replace Delanie.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/jordan-reed?id=2540160

Fauria!!!!!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Fauria!!!!!

So a guy who's taller than Celek, but is slower and a far s**ttier blocker? No thanks. I can see Fauria's career lasting about 5 minutes in the NFL. Can't block, runs like a robot, bad hips, his biggest asset is him being tall as hell, but that will only get you so far.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This, I don't know why everyone keeps saying we need more TWE, ok maybe Ertz. Beyond him what I've seen of Celek tells me he has real nice hands, gets open and then CATCHES the ball, route running good too..what's the deal?
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Ok, I knew there were a lot of Walker fans so I thought there might be more interest in whoever his replacement would be. With Miller playing well and with our pass catching running backs, I guess it's pretty low on the ole priority list. So, I'm guessing we'll see about the same amount of the two TE set as last year or less.
No. Celek is a traditional TE. Walker is a H-back TE.
Share 49ersWebzone