LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Salary cap question

Shop Find 49ers gear online
These are the salaries for the following players. Does anyone know how much cap we save by cutting them? Is it the full amount of the cap figure?

David Akers $3,616,668
Jonathan Goodwin $5,016,668
Carlos Rogers $7,344,531
Alex Smith $9,750,000
Parys Haralson $2,870,000

Can we really save ~ $28MM?
[ Edited by RollinWith21n52 on Jan 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM ]
Your math looks sound. I don't think I would like to part with Carlos Rogers just yet though. Brian Jennings ($1,161,000) has been playing a long time and might call it a career after the SB. Even with those modifications, we would still be in decent shape. Not a bad place to be.

Let me add this (found at ninercaphell.com)

The 49ers will have decisions to make on several players. Alex Smith can be traded, but they need to push the $1 million roster bonus back, if they want to save his entire base salary. If they can, then it makes sense to make a deal. Parys Haralson is due $2.87 million, all of which is non-guaranteed, so it could be savings in the 49ers pockets to use. David Akers is due a $3,616,667 salary, and they can save $3.05 million by releasing him, with only $566,667 in dead money. The same can be said for Jonathan Goodwin, who is due a $5,016,667 salary, and can save $4.35 million, with just a $666,667 in dead money.If the 49ers release/trade Smith, Haralson, Akers and Goodwin, it would give the 49ers an extra $19.02 million in cap room, plus the $2.5 million credit from Brooks' deal, plus whatever they can save from restructuring and extending the contracts of Justin Smith and Whitner.
[ Edited by Mankster on Jan 25, 2013 at 11:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Mankster:
Your math looks sound. I don't think I would like to part with Carlos Rogers just yet though. Brian Jennings ($1,161,000) has been playing a long time and might call it a career after the SB. Even with those modifications, we would still be in decent shape. Not a bad place to be.

Let me add this (found at ninercaphell.com)

The 49ers will have decisions to make on several players. Alex Smith can be traded, but they need to push the $1 million roster bonus back, if they want to save his entire base salary. If they can, then it makes sense to make a deal. Parys Haralson is due $2.87 million, all of which is non-guaranteed, so it could be savings in the 49ers pockets to use. David Akers is due a $3,616,667 salary, and they can save $3.05 million by releasing him, with only $566,667 in dead money. The same can be said for Jonathan Goodwin, who is due a $5,016,667 salary, and can save $4.35 million, with just a $666,667 in dead money.If the 49ers release/trade Smith, Haralson, Akers and Goodwin, it would give the 49ers an extra $19.02 million in cap room, plus the $2.5 million credit from Brooks' deal, plus whatever they can save from restructuring and extending the contracts of Justin Smith and Whitner.
thanks!
I think Parys will be back with a pay cut
Why would we cut Goodwin?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Kilgore may not have Goodwins veteran presence but he is way more physical in both run and pass protection. Kilgore will be a solid center. We will draft some depth for our OL this year as well.
The value we are getting from our entire O-line right now is unreal. Both Iupati and A. Davis will require big contracts when they are due.
Most look at Goodwin as the weak link on the Oline but I would like to keep him. Having the same Oline for 2 years in a row would be outstanding.
Goodwin is average to me. Gotta give him some props on helping CK with protections. Just a matter of numbers at this point. you can't keep everybody. This is why you draft some depth and coach the guy up
AB83Rules is the Zone expert on all cap issues. I'm sure he'll respond and give you a VERY detailed explaination - and it'll be worth the wait.

whatever needs to be done to bring back Goldson

Because we have no money
Brian Jennings better not retire.

f**k the cap! Sign em all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Because we have no money

We'll have about $8 million when Alex is moved.
Share 49ersWebzone