Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'll trade Brooks for Hakeem Nicks! lol
Originally posted by verb1der:
No. And Nicks doesn't stay healthy
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Easily the most unappreciated player in this forum.

Actually there is quite a list of great players that the Webzone underappreciates. And he is certainly high on it.

I'll take a stab at that list:

Ahmad Brooks
Tarell Brown
Anthony Davis
Bruce Miller

By far the most underrated guys on our team. We need to lock Brown up for a few more years. He is solid.

Good start. Add Mike Iupati.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Ahmad Brooks just does a lot of little things very good. I don't think it would be correct to call him the jack of all trades, but a master of none type, but he if he were playing on just about any other team in the NFL, he would be the star of the defense. He can set the edge/stop the run, cause QB pressures, sacks, has a penchant for causing fumbles, etc. He's just really, really good. I love what he does because it's different than what the other linebackers bring. If a team wanted to trade for him, I'd want no less than a first round pick. He's the type of guy who's stats would be even greater if he wasn't next to such elite talent. I think Ahmad Brooks may end up being the Ernie Holmes of our linebackers.

I would.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Brooks > Aldon.

yes i'm srs.

brooks sets the edge better than aldon but aldon is waaaay scarier as a passrusher

Hard to say. Brooks had his first start at the WILL and had 1.5 sacks. That's Aldon Smith-like. And he didnt play there exclusively all game either. I think Aldon has more natural ability but production-wise Brooks would be right in that neighborhood if he played the WILL exclusively. Sad that commentators praise him more than many of our own fans!
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 29, 2013 at 9:17 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Hard to say. Brooks had his first start at the WILL and had 1.5 sacks. That's Aldon Smith-like. And he didnt play there exclusively all game either. I think Aldon has more natural ability but production-wise Brooks would be right in that neighborhood if he played the WILL exclusively. Sad that commentators praise him more than many of our own fans!
agreed.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

How bout Eric Decker? lol

No foreals tho...Lemonier is Brooks 2.0!

How awesome is it that we have Lemonier now developing with Aldon out?! Skuta is no chump either. We will have the deepest OLB rotation in the game. Even better, Fangio may now use all of them now that we had so much success in the Rams game!
Originally posted by NCommand:

How awesome is it that we have Lemonier now developing with Aldon out?! Skuta is no chump either. We will have the deepest OLB rotation in the game. Even better, Fangio may now use all of them now that we had so much success in the Rams game!

Agreed!

Don't forget Wilhoite...he filled in admirably for Pat! I like him too
Agreed!

Don't forget Wilhoite...he filled in admirably for Pat! I like him too

If we can get out of this as 3-2 we will be dominant with incredible depth down the stretch! All these trials and tribulations will end up being a blessing in disguise!

I think Brooks is far better than Nicks and Decker are at their positions, and OLB is a more valuable position as well.

QB, CB, LT, Great Pass rushing OLB

Golden four
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Ahmad Brooks just does a lot of little things very good. I don't think it would be correct to call him the jack of all trades, but a master of none type, but he if he were playing on just about any other team in the NFL, he would be the star of the defense. He can set the edge/stop the run, cause QB pressures, sacks, has a penchant for causing fumbles, etc. He's just really, really good. I love what he does because it's different than what the other linebackers bring. If a team wanted to trade for him, I'd want no less than a first round pick. He's the type of guy who's stats would be even greater if he wasn't next to such elite talent. I think Ahmad Brooks may end up being the Ernie Holmes of our linebackers.

I would.

Don't forget the second part of the statement- master of none. Ahmad Brooks is better than that.

I agree. How can anyone trade an All-Pro linebacker for a receiver that isn't even top 5?
I have been impressed with Brooks, played well in SEA, IND and STL games. He had 1 bad mistake in SEA game, but has looked up to par. Gets too much heat, he s a real good 3-4 OLB.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
probably the most valuable player on our defense no one talks about
Share 49ersWebzone