Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 392 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Seems like the shills are out doing work already.

Of course fans are going to freak out. We just released one of our most popular players... heart of the defense.

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON, AFTER STARTING 0-5.

yeah I'd understand why some would freak out and be pissed.

if people have emotional ties to a player then it's understandable

if they watch him play and listen to what he says then it's understandable why he was released
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
If we're getting rid of bow, get rid of Reid and armstead while we are at it

Reid kneeled his way into losing trade value.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
So how much dead money is that lost?

You have to earn your contract in the NFL. They probably didn't eat that much. Whatever his guaranteed part was. We have almost no dead money anyways.

Just asking out of curiosity, doesn't really effect me either way haha. Wish bow the best
Thats like 3 million in dead money i believe.
All eyes on Staley...
So apparently we were going to owe him $9.5M(roughly)this year. Cutting instead of trading him we ate close to $7M but gave him freedom to choose his next team. And also we lose $5.2M for 2018 whether it was now or before next season. So roughly owe Bow $14.7M and he's not on the team... We should thank Baalke for his well timed extension!!!!
[ Edited by DJamhour on Oct 13, 2017 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I'm never trusting Schefter ever again. Teams interested my ass.

He may have heard his info today but team could have been shopping earlier in the week.

Does not make him wrong.

The latest report said that they could have but decided to give him the opportunity to look at all 31 teams.... in the end its a respectable move and one that shows future free agents that the front office has the players concerns in mind. Thats one silver lining to this crappy situation, but he was no where near where he used to be. Now he can join the team he wants for a title run rather than suffering through this season to get cut over the summer.

"Thursday evening, Kyle and I met with NaVorro, and from our conversation it became evident that going in different directions was best for both him and our team," 49ers general manager John Lynch said in a statement. "Although NaVorro may be moving on, he will always be looked at as one of the great players to wear the red and gold. We wish him and his family great success."
Improving. Lol
Originally posted by Jcool:

Yeah, hope you enjoy 0-13 after you demoralize the team.
WE NEED TO RIOT!!!
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
If we're getting rid of bow, get rid of Reid and armstead while we are at it

And pinion

Armstead maybe. Gotta believe they are looking at possible offers for him.

Reid, no. I think they let that play out this season, and if he comes back strong after this current injury they look to extend him.

Pinion, LOL. He's having a pro-bowl worthy season so far in just his third year.
Who woulda thought brick by brick really meant tearing it down before building back up..
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Yeah, hope you enjoy 0-13 after you demoralize the team.

we are going 0-13 anyway even if he was still here.
I'm sorry. REALLY. I'm sorry. BUT THIS? THIS IS F***ING RIDICULOUS.
Nobody wanted him or nobody wanted to deal for him. Ouch
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone