NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
It's absurd to say cut ties with him because he will never be the same

Isn't this the same Franchise that cut ties with Ronnie Lot, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Charles Haley, Terrel Owens? What makes this situation different?

Since you don't seem to be grasping what I am saying..IT IS ABSURD FOR YOU TO JUMP THE GUN AND SAY HE WILL NOT EVER BE THE SAME HIS FIRST f**kING YEAR BACK AFTER A DEVASTATING KNEE INJURY.

I LOVE Bowman, so it hurts me to say this. But I partially agree with ElephantHaley. PARTIALLY.

I do not think Bowman will ever be the same player he was pre-injury, that is an extremely difficult injury to come back from, not just biologically, but mentally. But still, he is easily a top 3, imo top 2 (right behind Kuechly), MLB in the game today. But pre-injury, he was easily the THE BEST MLB in the game, period. And I question if he can be that dominant again, it is impossible not to lose a step after such a devasting injury, he is not quite as quick, fast, nor does he have the same acceleration.

BUT, this is only his first season back, he will only get better, and can reclaim his spot as the best MLB in the game, but with that being said, I dont think he will ever be quite the same. Pre-Injury Bowman was one of the best LBs in NFL history.

Where I disagree with ElphantHaley, is I NEVER want us to let Bowman go. I hope and I believe he will always be a 49er, he will retire a 49er, and we will retire his jersey number .

Bowman is the man.

Agreed...my point of contention with the E man was just him definitively saying he will never be the same after his 1st year back. No, he did not look like old bowman this year , but I was pleasantly surprised with how he did look and he showed flashes of old bowman ...so I just think elephant should give it a little more time before throwing in the towel. I'm also a little more sensitive about this because it bums me out to think he may not ever be the same due to injury because he was one of the best ILB I have ever seen

I feel you
We should totally cut this guy
Yeah get rid of this guy, he f**king sucks, waste of a roster space, dude should try his luck in Canada.
  • Stud
Right now Boman is tied for #1 in total tackles along with 2 sacks

Plus he had this to say and I agree with him:

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/16645/navorro-bowman-49ers-fans-probably-fed-up
I know there's a lot of negative comments on these boards and for a good if not great reason. But I just have to give props to Bowman. What an amazing performance this year after coming back! It seems like every week he's improving. Can you imagine this team right now without him??? An all time Niner great!
Originally posted by SUCKanEGGyork:
I know there's a lot of negative comments on these boards and for a good if not great reason. But I just have to give props to Bowman. What an amazing performance this year after coming back! It seems like every week he's improving. Can you imagine this team right now without him??? An all time Niner great!

He and Staley are but our only two bonefide leaders right now that are expected to be back next year. You can't underestimate leadership as Staley alluded to that as well. Bowman has also had to work with and coach up Wilhoite and Hodges on-the-fly in a very complicated defense that puts a TON of pressure on the ILB's in this scheme. And if you add up the tackles of Wilhoite + Hodges, they'd be #2 in the NFL, right behind Bowman. That is the type of player Bowman is. All-pro player and all-pro man/leader. Period.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SUCKanEGGyork:

He and Staley are but our only two bonefide leaders right now that are expected to be back next year. You can't underestimate leadership as Staley alluded to that as well. Bowman has also had to work with and coach up Wilhoite and Hodges on-the-fly in a very complicated defense that puts a TON of pressure on the ILB's in this scheme. And if you add up the tackles of Wilhoite + Hodges, they'd be #2 in the NFL, right behind Bowman. That is the type of player Bowman is. All-pro player and all-pro man/leader. Period.

He has been really good, considering he is playing on one leg, the off season should do him good and he should come back next year stronger again, once i see better lateral movement from him i will feel way better and it will be a sign of full recovery!
Originally posted by rumrunner66:
He has been really good, considering he is playing on one leg, the off season should do him good and he should come back next year stronger again, once i see better lateral movement from him i will feel way better and it will be a sign of full recovery!

Truth.
Navorro finished this season as the NFL's leading tackler, with 107 solo tackles and 145 combined tackles.

Is there anybody more deserved than him for Comeback Player of the Year?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Navorro finished this season as the NFL's leading tackler, with 107 solo tackles and 145 combined tackles.

nope.can his compadre Willis comeback

Adrian Peterson
Should be faster next year
Carsonpalmer
CPOTY is almost assuredly going to Eric Berry coming back from lymphoma in 2014 to be a top safety in the NFL
Originally posted by IEAD:

Adrian Peterson

Probably won't win it. It'll go to Bowman (ACL/MCL tear), Berry (Lymphoma), or Palmer (Nerve Damage). They all had individual success after overcoming severe physical ailments.
Share 49ersWebzone