LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 409 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's doing fine against the run but he's struggling in coverage.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Im baffeled the he leads the league im solo tackles. Says a lot about the heart and toughness on this guy. Unreal. Howd he drop to the 3rd rd??

I remember he had character concerns but I'm not sure if there was anything else.

Crazy to think he had character concerns. Dude couldn't possibly have any better character lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
He's doing fine against the run but he's struggling in coverage.

his lateral movement is at about 40% of what it was before the injury.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
So sad seeing him get juked by manzel.
My current favorite player on the team Last 4 years but he is nowhere near the same before his injury. Hate to say it but might be time to move on from him because of the wrong reasons $$$. Dude is clearly not the same nor ever will be. Just a bad bad bad break.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
My current favorite player on the team Last 4 years but he is nowhere near the same before his injury. Hate to say it but might be time to move on from him because of the wrong reasons $$$. Dude is clearly not the same nor ever will be. Just a bad bad bad break.
what are you talking about, dude is second in the league with tackles

unless RB/WR/TE's run to him to get tackled
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

This is where the numbers do lie. Sure he has a bunch load of tackles but he has also been juked and beat like never before and he had a hard time tackling Marshan Lynch the 1st game and that Rawls dude the 2nd game and he clearly cannot pass cover anymore. Its a sad site. Guy is a warrior but the knee has wrecked him.

This is where the numbers do lie. Sure he has a bunch load of tackles but he has also been juked and beat like never before and he had a hard time tackling Marshan Lynch the 1st game and that Rawls dude the 2nd game and he clearly cannot pass cover anymore. Its a sad site. Guy is a warrior but the knee has wrecked him.
how is tackles a lie stat ?

no one can stuff lynch the entire game and rawls is a pretty good

one team bow played against and now this guy is no good c'mon man
how is tackles a lie stat ?

no one can stuff lynch the entire game and rawls is a pretty good

one team bow played against and now this guy is no good c'mon man

Dude the defense is ranked close to dead last. Sure he's making tackles, but 8 yards down the road and he's getting beat bad underneath in the passing game. He is doing a good job as a spinning blitzer but clearly he isn't close to the same explosive Bowman he was from 2011-2013 where he was the Best LB in Football. That injury slowed him down something fierce.

? you make no sense. he will be rehab for anothet 18 mo. i can wait.

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

? you make no sense. he will be rehab for anothet 18 mo. i can wait.

Yeah OK by then he''ll be 29 pushing 30. Face it man, he'll never be the same pre-injury. It was catastrophic what happened to his knee. The Guy has the Heart but not the legs. And he is expensive at this point.
Got to see how he plays next year, usually takes a couple of seasons to really be able to tell how Bow is after that type of injury.

What an absurd thing to say. He's still essentially rehabbing and you are definitively saying move on and he will never be the same?? Jesus this place never ceases to amaze me.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

What an absurd thing to say. He's still essentially rehabbing and you are definitively saying move on and he will never be the same?? Jesus this place never ceases to amaze me.

So i'm not entitled to my opinion? Absurd? Whats so absurd? Rehab?? His injury was 23 months ago and surgery was 22 Months ago. He will never be the same player is an opinion and a painful opinion because I love the dude and hope he comes back like King Kong but i'm not optomistic.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

So i'm not entitled to my opinion? Absurd? Whats so absurd? Rehab?? His injury was 23 months ago and surgery was 22 Months ago. He will never be the same player is an opinion and a painful opinion because I love the dude and hope he comes back like King Kong but i'm not optomistic.

Yes you are totally entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine...which is that your opinion is absurd. That's how it works
Share 49ersWebzone