LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

49ers NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME TAILGATE THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Update: The item we most need currently is a portable grill. Can any locals or those who are driving supply one?

Time: Starting up at 9AM (come anytime after that)

PM cwilson830 with your cell number and he'll mass text everyone with details and specific spot within yellow lot on gameday.

For those of us heading to the game on Sunday, let's use this thread to figure out tailgating plans so we can turn the Georgia Dome into Candlestick Southeast.

We can figure out times, who's bringing what, where to meet etc. I'm driving from NJ to GA but don't know whether I'll be driving my car to the game or figuring out public transportation (most likely the latter because I'm going to be rifling through some Anchor Steams).

Looking forward to crushing lagers with the Faithful and hoping the Niners crush the Falcons.
[ Edited by NinerPrideinNJ on Jan 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
For those of us heading to the game on Sunday, let's use this thread to figure out tailgating plans so we can turn the Georgia Dome into Candlestick Southeast.

We can figure out times, who's bringing what, where to meet etc. I'm driving from NJ to GA but don't know whether I'll be driving my car to the game or figuring out public transportation (most likely the latter because I'm going to be rifling through some Anchor Steams).

Looking forward to crushing lagers with the Faithful and hoping the Niners crush the Falcons.

n***a, im down. What time do the gates open?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

n***a, im down. What time do the gates open?
I'm not sure yet, still have to look into those kinds of details etc. but it's late and I gotta hit it. Will figure out some more tomorrow and hopefully everyone else can chime in here so we can do this thing up.
I'm trying to meet up, as well!
Lots open 5 hours before kickoff.

They recommend giving yourself additional time for security as this process has been revamped per NFL policy.

Here's a link for other gameday details:

http://gadome.com/events_ticketing/events/all/NFC%20Championship.aspx#fan
my friends and i will be taking MARTA to get to the stadium..look forward to meeting you all!
I have been a 49er faithful for over 25 years and my cousin and I are heading to the game in Atlanta on Sunday. Where are all the niners fans going to be tailgating at? Has anyone decided on a certain spot? Would love to be around some more of the 49er faithful instead of sandwiched in between some dirty birds...
Some of the parking lots golden globes last page of the play book. What do you guys think?
I'm in! Is anyone planning on being Stoney and hosting this thing? If someone is definitely driving and has a pass, we can meet there. If no one is driving, let's pick a bar next to the stadium and meet up there.
Originally posted by ninersinNC:
I have been a 49er faithful for over 25 years and my cousin and I are heading to the game in Atlanta on Sunday. Where are all the niners fans going to be tailgating at? Has anyone decided on a certain spot? Would love to be around some more of the 49er faithful instead of sandwiched in between some dirty birds...

No certain spot has been decided upon yet, but since it's clear we all want to meet up for the tailgate, is there anyone with previous experience at the Georgia Dome that could lend some insight on where it might be best to set up camp?

Also, who is driving to the game? That will also determine where we can meet up, since I am unsure if I'll be driving and likely plan on taking the MARTA.

I am driving to the game from Charlotte planning to get to Atlanta around 10:00 AM for when the parking area gates open ( 5 hours prior to kickoff from what I have been reading.) I have been researching parking and found a decent page http://vsv.atlantafalcons.com/#/parking/ which has a map of all lots for parking. I have also read about two spots lot A and lot B known there as the "Gulch" which is one of the best spots to tailgate.

Other things I have read say to park at a MARTA and take that in as congestion around the stadium is insane pre and post game. I am up for whatever as long as there are niners fans around! If you all decide on a bar message me and my cousin and we will be there sporting our niners colors proud! Who got it better than us?
Originally posted by ninersinNC:
I am driving to the game from Charlotte planning to get to Atlanta around 10:00 AM for when the parking area gates open ( 5 hours prior to kickoff from what I have been reading.) I have been researching parking and found a decent page http://vsv.atlantafalcons.com/#/parking/ which has a map of all lots for parking. I have also read about two spots lot A and lot B known there as the "Gulch" which is one of the best spots to tailgate.

Other things I have read say to park at a MARTA and take that in as congestion around the stadium is insane pre and post game. I am up for whatever as long as there are niners fans around! If you all decide on a bar message me and my cousin and we will be there sporting our niners colors proud! Who got it better than us?

Thanks for the info. Yeah if there's sufficient time and a good bar in close proximity to the stadium, we could always kick things off there and then head to the lots.
Tickets purchased today! WIll be more than ready to hang with other niner faithful! DOn't have my hotel set yet... but thinking of somewhere close.. I hear there are a few within walking distance?
We're at the hilton 255 Courtland St NEAtlanta, GA 30303

1 mile walk, was $79 on Sunday night

One of my friends mentioned something about the yellow lot I'll find out some more details
Thanks for the info. Yeah if there's sufficient time and a good bar in close proximity to the stadium, we could always kick things off there and then head to the lots.

FYI - I just called the Georgia Dome Parking direct line at 404.223.4109 and spoke to Lorraine. I was able to get a spot in Lot A just north of the Georgia Dome for only $20.00! She said it is one of the main tailgating spots and that other parking lots are full and private lots would be charging anywhere from $50.00 - $100.00. Anyone else who is driving down and looking for some tailgating options I would call right away. If you do get a spot, look for the guy in the old school Rice jersey with my custom made 49ers cornhole boards and lots of miller lite!
Share 49ersWebzone