There are 215 users in the forums

switch to a 4-3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Agree...it pops up every off-season, for whatever reason. Tomsula has spoken...they're not abandoning the 3-4. This draft is testament to that. Enough already, stop this totally lame post.
I need to check the date on the thread before clicking!
Originally posted by thl408:
Merge!

this might be my favorite post of the year so far!
Now that Aldon is gone, the 49ers' defense hasn't looked as 4-3-ready as it does now in a long time.

Carradine & Lynch would both probably be better in a 4-3 than in a 3-4. They could both start at DE.

Dorsey has always been a better 4-3 guy IMO. That would leave Williams, Dial, Armstead & Okoye to compete for the last DT spot.

That would also leave Bowman, Brooks, Lemonier, Harold & Moody to compete for the 3 LB spots.

That honestly looks a lot better than Dial, Dorsey & Ian on the DL and Brooks & Lemonier at OLB and Lynch & Tank coming in off the bench (or however they're going to run it now).
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Agree...it pops up every off-season, for whatever reason. Tomsula has spoken...they're not abandoning the 3-4. This draft is testament to that. Enough already, stop this totally lame post.

Just like herpes.
Anyone else think its time to take this thread serious?

When it was first started.....haha...very funny

Then Willis retired......still stupid. He's an inside linebacker

Then Aldon gets cut......we'll Lynch is promising and we drafted Harold

Brooks is indited.....Ok, I give. Time to switch to a 4-3

With the strenght of our Dline and rotation, it might just make sense.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 27, 2015 at 8:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I'm still committed to 3-4. I think the team is too. We've lost LB talent, but most of the d-lineman were drafted with 3-4 in mind. Mangini is a 3-4 guy.

Everybody plays more Nickel these days anyhow. I think we still have a stout 3-4 base to stop the run, that's the important thing.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I'm still committed to 3-4. I think the team is too. We've lost LB talent, but most of the d-lineman were drafted with 3-4 in mind. Mangini is a 3-4 guy.

Everybody plays more Nickel these days anyhow. I think we still have a stout 3-4 base to stop the run, that's the important thing.

Agreed. The 4-3 talk barely made any sense when we had Willis, Bowman and Borland. It makes even less sense now. We have been drafting for a 3-4. With the possible exception of Carradine, almost all of our DLs fit better in a 3-4. And Carradine would likely have to cut back down closer to his FSU weight to play outside in a 4-3.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Agreed. The 4-3 talk barely made any sense when we had Willis, Bowman and Borland. It makes even less sense now. We have been drafting for a 3-4. With the possible exception of Carradine, almost all of our DLs fit better in a 3-4. And Carradine would likely have to cut back down closer to his FSU weight to play outside in a 4-3.

Yeah we do have to stick with the 3-4, too late to make any changes and our personnel fit this system.

But...i wouldnt be surprised if Mangini is developing some 4-3 packages where Tank is on the edge. I have trust that Mangini will play to our personnel's strength. He knows how to adapt.

I am super excited to see this defense. I was a huge Fangio fan, but in this situation i think Mangini has the schemes to make up for our losses.

Why... that would set us back teaching our players a new system... and we are set back enough

Originally posted by Constantine:

Why... that would set us back teaching our players a new system... and we are set back enough

I wouldn't be surprised if we do see some especially if Brooks is cut loose. We have to get the best 11 on the field and I'll take Tank or Armstead over Lemonade
[ Edited by sactomkiii on Aug 28, 2015 at 2:05 PM ]
Im confused. How is this even a topic of debate?
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Now that Aldon is gone, the 49ers' defense hasn't looked as 4-3-ready as it does now in a long time.

Carradine & Lynch would both probably be better in a 4-3 than in a 3-4. They could both start at DE.

Dorsey has always been a better 4-3 guy IMO. That would leave Williams, Dial, Armstead & Okoye to compete for the last DT spot.

That would also leave Bowman, Brooks, Lemonier, Harold & Moody to compete for the 3 LB spots.

That honestly looks a lot better than Dial, Dorsey & Ian on the DL and Brooks & Lemonier at OLB and Lynch & Tank coming in off the bench (or however they're going to run it now).

Stopped reading when you mentioned Okoye and not even Dockett. Seriously? Lol.
Share 49ersWebzone