LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Should we let Nike "go for it" on a new niner uniform?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we let Nike "go for it" on a new niner uniform?

The 49ers just switched to their new uniforms last season. So why even bother discussing whether or not the 49ers should switch to new uniforms again?
Originally posted by ninersoul:
The 49ers just switched to their new uniforms last season. So why even bother discussing whether or not the 49ers should switch to new uniforms again?

WRONG

It was 2009 when they made the change to the current design (the whole league switched to Nike this past season, but a manufacturer switch doesn't count). A team can only redesign their unis after 5 seasons have elapsed, so 2014 (the new stadium inaugural season) is the earliest the Niners can fix the sleeve stripes or have Nike go full blown Oregon on them.
all nike has to do is fix those ugly ass collars and theyre good
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by ninersoul:

WRONG

It was 2009 when they made the change to the current design (the whole league switched to Nike this past season, but a manufacturer switch doesn't count). A team can only redesign their unis after 5 seasons have elapsed, so 2014 (the new stadium inaugural season) is the earliest the Niners can fix the sleeve stripes or have Nike go full blown Oregon on them.

Good Lord no Oregon-treatment.

I have a feeling Nike will soon convince the league to let them design home & away futuristic uniforms for all 32 teams. Then once or twice a year, each team wears them, kinda like throwback uniforms.

Fans get a new alternate jersey, everyone makes money, and the traditional uniforms live on.
Just found this picture. No story behind it and I have no idea what it means. I like it though

Supposedly one of the posters works for the NFL (the guy who posted this pic), or is involved with the uniforms. He/she said "there is a proposal on the table right now in the NFL to allow more use of alternate uniforms." This picture is a prototype.

Here is a better pic of the Pats carbon fiber helmet.

Anyone who likes the Seahawks uniforms, the Oregon uniforms, and/or all the gaudy, futuristic uniform designs has ZERO taste.

Nike is just trying to advertise itself by making something ugly enough to get press. They dont give a crap about aesthetic design, they just want buzz.

Any 49er uniform that uses black as a primary color is AWFUL. As well as any that use red pants, red or white helmets, gold facemasks, or gold jerseys. It looks hideous. We have one of the best, most classic uniforms in the NFL, and it needs no changing.

Uniforms in sports need to look classic and nostalgic.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jun 10, 2013 at 4:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Youngb:
Just found this picture. No story behind it and I have no idea what it means. I like it though

Lord I hope not.

Supposedly one of the posters works for the NFL (the guy who posted this pic), or is involved with the uniforms. He/she said "there is a proposal on the table right now in the NFL to allow more use of alternate uniforms." This picture is a prototype.

Here is a better pic of the Pats carbon fiber helmet.

Now that metallic look with the 9ers logo on the sides would be awesome.

I think that helmet is awesome! Not on a permanent basis but I do like it alot for an alternate helmet.

Originally posted by susweel:
Do not F with our uni's

THIS^
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Absolutely hideous. Real Madrid look sucks.
why mess with it, so they could charge us an extra $30?
Seriously? These neo-NIKE designs are REPUGNANT; they look like something I would have conjured up at the 5th grade lunch table. It's embarrassing that anybody would even propose we change the uniforms. I don't want to know someone who thinks a goofy white 49ers helmet looks "bad ass".

The classic duds the Niners rock right now are some of the best uniforms in the league. I don't want bogus colors or helmets that look like they belong in a Transformers movie, and no one else should either (unless you're 12 years old).

/rant.
any alternate helmet nike does should just be an updated verson of this:

(i.e., with the modern logo) looks a lot like Ohio St. doe so dunno if JH would dig it...
Share 49ersWebzone