LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 135 users in the forums

Are we any better on 3rd down conversion than last year....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't see it. If we are, someone has to convince me it's not minimal.
Same OC, so no
Need to get Norv Turner next year.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Well we didn't have Manningham today. He plays a big part on those 3rd down plays.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

He can eat a bag of dck
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

He can eat a bag of dck

Can't be mad at him for Chargers being stupid and offering him a head coaching job in a town with great weather all year long.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

He can eat a bag of dck

Can't be mad at him for Chargers being stupid and offering him a head coaching job in a town with great weather all year long.

Yes I can
Hell No. We have sucked on 3rd down for the longest time. I dont know when the last time was that we had a good percentage of completing for a first down.

that would be nice.
we need 11 back! if it aint broke dont fix it.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I don't see it. If we are, someone has to convince me it's not minimal.

Temporarily when Kaepernick first started but today it was back to business as usual, meaning being completely dismal on 3rd down. At this point I'm completely blaming the playcalling. I mean damn, last year was really the first year that Alex looked awful in the red-zone and the 49ers 3rd down conversion percentage went DOWN from even when Jimmy Raye was calling the plays. Last year was influenced by the lockout so everyone got a pass but this year its largely the same story and pretty much this is what you can expect going forward with Roman as the offensive coordinator.

The red-zone struggles last year should have been a clear warning. For all the good stuff that Harbaugh has done, I'm still pretty disappointed that the offense has been this erratic and sketchy when he's got such a background in offense.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone