LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Week 13: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Besides running too far back into the endzone which caused the Safety Kaep played alright.

Completely agree we need to unleash LaMichael James. 12 games games inactive, that's enough time on the sidelines. We need someone with some speed that can go east and west to complement Gore/Jacobs.

What about the pitch over Ginn's head for an easy TD?

s**tty ass play by Kaep.

No doubt.... but I think the fact they called that play in the first place was worse.

Disagree. The execution was worse than the play call. A play call doesn't directly lead to a fumble on its own.
We need lmj to be ready now! Our running game does not look the same without the change of pace. We need to be getting lined up much faster. Kaep needs l the time he can get to read the defense.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Disagree. The execution was worse than the play call. A play call doesn't directly lead to a fumble on its own.

Why call that play, in that situation?

You're both right.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

You're both right.

Harbaugh agrees:

"That was on us," Jim Harbaugh said of the coaching staff. "That was the wrong play to call at that time. I would love to have that one back. Don't blame the players on that one. It was too risky of a play to call at the time."Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/12/that-was-on-us-harbaugh-shields-kaepernick-from-blame.html#storylink=cpy
I hope they stick with Kaep. I saw a guy that made costly mistakes but mistakes that can be fixed. I also saw a guy who made plays and helped keep drives alive regardless of the conservative play calling and that awful showing by the oline.

You're both right.

Harbaugh agrees:

Quote:

"That was on us," Jim Harbaugh said of the coaching staff. "That was the wrong play to call at that time. I would love to have that one back. Don't blame the players on that one. It was too risky of a play to call at the time."Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/12/that-was-on-us-harbaugh-shields-kaepernick-from-blame.html#storylink=cpy

Yeah, I hear ya, but what's he gonna say? "That was just bad execution by the young player I chose over the veteran."
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
I hope they stick with Kaep. I saw a guy that made costly mistakes but mistakes that can be fixed. I also saw a guy who made plays and helped keep drives alive regardless of the conservative play calling and that awful showing by the oline.

agreed. Kaep should improve over time. Also, I think a loss for Kaep is good. This loss should make Kaep mentally stronger as a QB.
While I agree with a lot of your points you are going overly soft on Kaepernick. He was a HUGE LIABILITY in this game. You can't sugar coat it any other way. Does he have big upside? Sure. Can he be a QB of the future? Yes. Might that start next year? Maybe. But come on. Lets not cover for him and lie.

~ Backpeddled way, way deep all the way to the endzone and got a safety. No reason for this play. It didn't have to be. You can say "it really wasn't a safety." But by backpeddling into the endzone he put it in the officials discression. He didn't have to drop back that deep. There was no reason to force officials to make that call one way or another. (+2 Rams)
~ Horrific pitch backward lateral deep in our own territory. TD Rams. (+6 Rams)
~ Led to 2 point conversion they would not have had otherwise. (+2 Rams)
~ Ran out of bounds on a scramble at the end allowing them precious time to come back the other way and tie us. He didn't have to do this. Stay inbounds and run the clock.
~ Consistently did not get the team up to the line in time and was snapping the ball with 1, 2 seconds left.
~ This forced delay of game penalties and excessive use of timeouts that we may otherwise need late in the game to stop the clock and get the ball back.

Kaep has a big league arm and legs and is a big, tall, strong guy. Yes we all like his upside. But to say he played well in this game is just plain rediculous. He did not. Alex would have probably won this game. Now our hold on the #2 seed is very thin. A win would have separated us since some other teams close to us lost. We do have some 4 loss teams out there chasing us for #2. But how much better would have 9 - 2 - 1 been as compared with 8 - 3 - 1? We would be sitting pretty.

We are risking the #2 seed and our playoff position with this experiment. I always thought next year Kaep would have been more ready. He's not reading defenses fast enough and making audibles at the line fast enough and snapping the ball on time. Just basic stuff he must do for us to have a chance to win.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Yeah, I hear ya, but what's he gonna say? "That was just bad execution by the young player I chose over the veteran."

It's not going to look good if this team tanks it.

Originally posted by YoungWifey:

I saw a guy that hit Delanie Walker perfectly in the hands for an easy TD with under 2 minutes to go.

I also saw Stonehands drop the ball.
Originally posted by susweel:
Could it be we just don't play well in domes.

We beat the Saints in their home-dome last week.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by susweel:
Could it be we just don't play well in domes.

We beat the Saints in their home-dome last week.

KaepEXCUSES.....

Harbaugh admitted that play should've never been called and he's right.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Harbaugh admitted that play should've never been called and he's right.
and you trust what he says in public?

right or wrong its an easy pitch, at worse its a loss of yards.
Share 49ersWebzone