LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

We need to stop the run this time

Shop Find 49ers gear online
last time we met the Rams, they were able to run the ball on us, and convert 3rd downs to keep drives alive

plus those two fake punts still bother me when I think of them

hopefully this week we SHUT DOWN their running game ..and be prepared for any tricks Fisher might have up his sleeve......I want our team to win BIG , and help erase the memory of that frustrating game against the Rams.
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Nov 28, 2012 at 1:54 PM ]
Agree.

Ther 2 fake punts still grate me. We also need some BIG time sacks.
If they play that fake punt again, expect ST to get an INT/TD from it.
1) We need to stop fake punts.

2) We need to hit our own FG's.

If we did that it's an unquestioned "W" for the last time and this time too.
How I see it, last game the Rams played their best football. They ran, threw, and generally outcoached us...

[ Edited by NinerBuff on Nov 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM ]
the rams definitely took it to us last time around. we need to return the favor.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
the rams definitely took it to us last time around. we need to return the favor.

if the jets can do it to them in the dome,, we should be able to do it. if not, we should be ashamed of ourselves
Originally posted by cciowa:

if the jets can do it to them in the dome,, we should be able to do it. if not, we should be ashamed of ourselves

This x100. If isn't not a dominant performance I will be disappointed.
Originally posted by cciowa:

no kidding.

but i expect fisher to have that team ready for our best. he always had the titans ready against top tier opponents.
  • dqh01
  • Veteran
Another good reason to start Kaepernick is he can better give this offense on a fast start unlike Smith who take sacks ( throw it away idiot!) and clueless with how to get rid of the ball under pressure.
Receivers might be slightly open and he would not take a chance with the ball. He would rather take a sack for a loss and be conservative on 3rd down and hope the defense holds up for another opportunity. I'm freaking tired of Alex Smith! He can't find open receivers unless they're holding up a giant sign. Then again, that might not be obvious enough for him because in the Seattle game he couldn't even see Gore point to Moss in the endzone. He thinks too damn much and it gets him in trouble. Too damn analytical and no ability to improvise on plays when everything breaks down. I want him to leave next season and I don't care what these Alex Smith Nut Huggers have to say in his defense. We have waited way too long for another SB appearance as faithful and patient Niner fans.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
now that Bowman got his money, he's gonna start slacking off.
Not worried about the run. Stop the fake punts and Culliver falling down on a deep fade route to Quick....

Edit: Or for this game we will need to shut down Givens down deep, he has been consistently getting a 50 yard deep pass last couple of games.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM ]
This will be totally different then when we tied them. Our coaches were not prepared for Smith to go down then at the time we thought he was unbreakable, We had no plan to use kaep. Now WE are gameplanning with kaep at the helm and Im sure in the extremely off chance something happenes we will be ready with smith. I don't think we will ever have an inicdent happen like when we tied the rams again.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Not worried about the run. Stop the fake punts and Culliver falling down on a deep fade route to Quick....

Edit: Or for this game we will need to shut down Givens down deep, he has been consistently getting a 50 yard deep pass last couple of games.

The Rams WILL attack us downfield ....hopefully our pass rush will be more effective against them this time ....I dont wanna see Amendola dominate our DB's
I do believe our guys will be ready on Sunday! We really need to take! it to them like they did against us last game. Go Niners
Share 49ersWebzone