LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 209 users in the forums

Does Alex Smith have any Trade Value???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Smith is on track for more than 17-20 TDs this season.

In 7 years he has never thrown for more than 18 TD's.

But he's the 4th best quarterback in the league doe...
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by WillBow:
It only takes two teams to create a market for Alex. There is no chance the Niners just let him go. They will pay the roster bonus if needed. I bet you a team is willing to give up a first round pick for him. The draft is really weak this year for QBs.

No way in God's green earth will a team trade a first round pick for him.

I'm so confident in that if it happens I will quit this forum.

Promises...promises.
Sus, I will put up a bottle of our best big red wine(Cab/syrah blend, Paso Bordo, Intl gold medal LA Intl, and 91 pts.) that alex brings a first, if we keep him with the early bonus check. ($1mil). What will you put up that says he won't bring a first rd pick? I don't think one of the top 5 qbs stats wise is going to go for anything less than a first. If alex chooses not to play here, he will be the most sought after QB in FA and all 8-10 most like teams, and another 8-10 possible teams have all been named already. Really Sus, what will you put up if alex goes for a 1st?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Sus, I will put up a bottle of our best big red wine(Cab/syrah blend, Paso Bordo, Intl gold medal LA Intl, and 91 pts.) that alex brings a first, if we keep him with the early bonus check. ($1mil). What will you put up that says he won't bring a first rd pick? I don't think one of the top 5 qbs stats wise is going to go for anything less than a first. If alex chooses not to play here, he will be the most sought after QB in FA and all 8-10 most like teams, and another 8-10 possible teams have all been named already. Really Sus, what will you put up if alex goes for a 1st?

I'll have a bottle of Dom Perignon delivered to your house if that happens.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Hers my opinion on Alex, we release him he's been a class act and deserves to be released.

If I were Alex Smith, I'd demand to be released after the season no matter what the outcome (yes, even with the scenario Smith takes the 49ers to the SB.)

This. I think Alex will ask Harbaugh for a release as soon as the season is over and Harbaugh will give it to him....
If we trade Alex, i think we can get conditional 1st (performance dependent) in 2014 and a decent pick in 2013 (3rd or 4th rd).
I could see us getting a first from someone if we swapped them a fourth or fourth and a fifth... Which would be well worth it depending on the slot placement.

Remember we have like 13 picks lol we don't need those cause we don't have te roster need for that many new rookies
[ Edited by tankle104 on Dec 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM ]
Seattle will trade a 1st for him, don't all the niner castaways go there, lol. Seriously, I think we could at least get a 3rd, but we will cut him instead. We will not pay the bonus and we already have alot of draft picks and only a few roster spots. I expect us to package some picks together to move up in the draft or we will trade them away for future picks.
I was thinking a 2nd and a 4th. But I don't think we'll eat the roster bonus, so I think he gets cut and gets paid about 10 mil per year.
I could also see us getting a future first rounder for him instead of one in this years drafts. Some coaches are willing to trade later pika cause they need to win now and if they don't they'll be gone anyways so it won't be their problem

Also I would of bet my car that the raiders wouldn't of have up a first rounder and potientially another (turned into a second I believe) for s**tty Carson palmer

Originally posted by aTx49er:
Hers my opinion on Alex, we release him he's been a class act and deserves to be released.

If I were Alex Smith, I'd demand to be released after the season no matter what the outcome (yes, even with the scenario Smith takes the 49ers to the SB.)

This. I think Alex will ask Harbaugh for a release as soon as the season is over and Harbaugh will give it to him....

While I am sure treating guys with respect is a priority, remember that they are trying to run a BUSINESS. Simply releasing Smith makes zero sense from a business standpoint. Make no mistake, if the 49er front office believes that we can get something in return for Alex they will do what is beneficial for the organization and not for Alex Smith.
Originally posted by goodthings19:

While I am sure treating guys with respect is a priority, remember that they are trying to run a BUSINESS. Simply releasing Smith makes zero sense from a business standpoint. Make no mistake, if the 49er front office believes that we can get something in return for Alex they will do what is beneficial for the organization and not for Alex Smith.

This.

But that means spending $9 million waiting for a trade.

If I'm running a business, I'm not locking up $9 million dollars at the beginning of off season waiting for a trade.
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:

This.

Not sure...I think Harbaugh would...not sure about Baalke.
Originally posted by mkmasn:

But that means spending $9 million waiting for a trade.

If I'm running a business, I'm not locking up $9 million dollars at the beginning of off season waiting for a trade.

If i am not mistaken, it would mean 1 milion spent. The rest is not due at the time of the 1 million.
Share 49ersWebzone