There are 231 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
good analysis of the game.... https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/23/3tfo-49ers-saints-week-12/
Anybody goin to the game? I'm flyin in tomorrow. Hopin to chill with some fellow 9er fans in the quarter.

Talbert
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Forgot that Spagnolo is the Saints DC. He should know the Niners very well having been the Rams HC before this year.

Didn't help him much in St. Louis. There D doesn't scare anybody, it's the dome, the noise that's their biggest advantage on defense.
man fuk the Aints
Originally posted by Niners99:
Am I the only one who thinks all this "Kaepernick is the starter even though Alex will be cleared" business is just meant to confuse the Saints?

Kaep looked great and all, but he was at home on MNF facing a D that planned on him running alot. It seems like bad judgement to put him into a very loud and hostile environment if Smith is ready to go. Smith proved he could beat the Saints in a big game last year, and has much more practice calling plays in a loud dome.

It seems like people are getting all excited over Kaep starting, and dont stop to think its kind of a stupid move if you have Smith ready to play. Thats why I wonder if Harbaugh is just up to his usual trickery, trying to get the Saints to prep for Kaepernick.

In these dome games, especially in NO, all it takes is for a young QB to get confused in all the noise. He could just rush a throw during a blitz, or take a strip sack for a huge turnover, and all the sudden we could be overwhelmed and get behind big early. I think Smith gives us a better chance to win in this situation if healthy.

it would be funny if all the talk was that Colin was starting then Alex just started instead but who knows, this whole thing is confusing me
Forgot that Spagnolo is the Saints DC. He should know the Niners very well having been the Rams HC before this year.

He knows Alex inside and out, but not so much Kaep. -Despite the Saints D sucking (and greater chances of us running 10+ more times than usual given how much their run D has sucked), they will be the ultimate test for Kaep, along with that hostile crowd. Kaep will see things he can only know by relying upon film/help from Alex on the sideline; exotic blitzes, hidden coverages ect.

I have good faith in Kaep though, guy was upfront in post-interviews about how he's a film junkie/asks a million questions (knew everything the Bears were gonna throw at him judging by what he studied on the film).
Spagnulo being the DC wouldn't scare Alex at all. He roasted the Rams with him as their HC.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Spagnulo being the DC wouldn't scare Alex at all. He roasted the Rams with him as their HC.

yes both guys will do well or should do well. it will be our defense against their much improved offense. i only concern myself with ck getting rattled if we get off to a shaky start like we did last year in the detroit dome and if so, if he can be like alex was in that game.., calm down, take charge and help win the game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

yes both guys will do well or should do well. it will be our defense against their much improved offense. i only concern myself with ck getting rattled if we get off to a shaky start like we did last year in the detroit dome and if so, if he can be like alex was in that game.., calm down, take charge and help win the game.

Kaep (indeed) just needs to relax and go with the flow, Saints are a different team with Vitt back, but if you look back at every game in which they played against a quality athletic QB who can throw over 10 yards on 3rd down they got torched (RGIII, Rodgers, Newton; all torched them with their athleticism).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 23, 2012 at 1:21 PM ]

The Saints wont be taking us lightly and come out with a SB performance. the 9ers have to match that. Looking at the Saints season its like they've been slowly building up to this game. this is a alert game for our DBs.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

He knows Alex inside and out, but not so much Kaep. -Despite the Saints D sucking (and greater chances of us running 10+ more times than usual given how much their run D has sucked), they will be the ultimate test for Kaep, along with that hostile crowd. Kaep will see things he can only know by relying upon film/help from Alex on the sideline; exotic blitzes, hidden coverages ect.

I have good faith in Kaep though, guy was upfront in post-interviews about how he's a film junkie/asks a million questions (knew everything the Bears were gonna throw at him judging by what he studied on the film).

His handling of a few of the Bears blitz was pretty good, so I think the coaches can reinforced that with Kaep more against the Saints. At least we know Kaep can handle the blitz for the most part. With the crowd noise and just getting the play in on time, and seeing things at the line, and get it all in time will be a challenge for someone inexperience like Kaep, where he may have a bunch of things he has to think about. So we will see. It's another good test for Kaep
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 23, 2012 at 1:35 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

His handling of a few of the Bears blitz was pretty good, so I think the coaches can reinforced that with Kaep more against the Saints. At least we know Kaep can handle the blitz for the most part. With the crowd noise and just getting the play in on time, and seeing things at the line, and get it all in time will be a challenge for someone inexperience like Kaep, where he may have a bunch of things he has to think about. So we will see. It's another good test for Kaep

I went and re-watched the game last night and as the game wore on the bears started blitzing more and more.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for barako.
I don't care who start at QB. All I care is to come out of the game with a W.
Is it Sunday yet? So ready for this game already! Just ordered my tickets for the Rams game in St.Louis so i'm ready for some 49ers football! Go Niners let's get this 'Win' any way possible!!
[ Edited by tohara3 on Nov 23, 2012 at 2:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone