There are 156 users in the forums

Better Gaurd

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Their all good, we have the best OL in the league. What else do you want?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM ]
A recent article talked about Iupati being possibly the best guard in the NFL...moving people out at will. Can't remember where I read this but other than a few pass blocking issues he is a beast. Boone is very good as well. Why would anyone try to set up a false competition between the two?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Their all good, we have the best OL in the league. What else do you want?

pas protection still bothers me and false start penalties still bother me.overall i am happy to admit I was wrong about the line before the season, I was worried they had not done a damn thing to fix the line from last year,. I underestimated boone and i am darn happy about that
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
A recent article talked about Iupati being possibly the best guard in the NFL...moving people out at will. Can't remember where I read this but other than a few pass blocking issues he is a beast. Boone is very good as well. Why would anyone try to set up a false competition between the two?

Yep. I read that article too. Boone is getting more love on this board only because what he's doing is so unexpected. Iupati is just quietly mauling Dlineman into the grass. Boone is the sexier story, but he's not on Iupati's level.
Iupati is our best linemen and one of the best guards in the NFL, probably at worst top 3. Boone is very good as well.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Both are good.

Nuff said...

Actually Iupati isn't that good.

lol
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Iupati is our best linemen and one of the best guards in the NFL, probably at worst top 3. Boone is very good as well.

won't make probowl, lol
Originally posted by pdizo916:

won't make probowl, lol

Who cares? I believe he was an alternate last year. Bowman didnt make it last year either. Probowl is a joke.
Who cares? I believe he was an alternate last year. Bowman didnt make it last year either. Probowl is a joke.

You're right. Bowman made all-pro but not probowl.

We have too much talent on this team.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

You're right. Bowman made all-pro but not probowl.

We have too much talent on this team.

First world problems. lol.

Chilo > Iupati + Boone.
Originally posted by jones49:
Chilo > Iupati + Boone.

you're magnificent in mathematics.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
what is a gaurd
Originally posted by jrg:
what is a gaurd

I think they are something you grow and hollow out to make marroccas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrycqbOl_6Q
1. gaurd
A cloak-like garment which was usually worn by Early-Christian Priestly Writers. Cyril and Methodius are likely to have worn gaurds due to the fact that they were active in the early Church during the Pax Romana.
Share 49ersWebzone