There are 187 users in the forums

Gobble, gobble...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The sports media generally don't like the 9ers coach. He is high energy, intense and has a better job than them. His gobble, gobble was a reaction to the inane questions all NFL coaches have to put up with from sports media persons. The sports media is all about hype and ratings. Harbaugh is a professional football coach keeping a strong team prepared and together. While the sports reporters are trying to grasp and analyze the deep spiritual meaning of gobble gobble, he is getting the team ready for the Rams. The 49ers are so fortunate to have him.
Yep. Still a huge fan of our HC... and I LMAO about the "gobble, gobble, turkey" stuff... that was priceless.
Having fun and making a point! No harm but the media won't like it. Silver was very condescending in his comments on KNBR and needs to take a step back himself. Said Harbaugh is taking small stuff to seriously and needs to relax or "he's worried about him." JH may be strung too tightly but I haven't seen too many NFL coaches who can handle the weekly pressers without getting a bit hot. What I've noticed is that JH usually handles the serious stuff very straight forward and matter of factly, but gets intense when he wants to make a point.

Also liked JH's comment about the low ratio of quality to words in some stories...or some such...good fun for him and most of us.
I hate to say it but I think JH may have taken a few to many hits to the head
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:

Better than one certain coach dropping his pants to prove a point.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

I disagree. I honestly believe it's a front he puts on for the media.
The media can suck a dick. Seriously, all these guys are narcissists. They think sports would die without them around to comment and provide their insight. No one gives a s**t what they say. Ya I turn on ESPN and listen to First Take and shows like that. But in the end I don't give two s**ts what these guys say.

Harbaugh just calls them out for being worthless and they don't like it.
The media has a "holier than thou" mentality. All media including sports.

If there isn't an issue - they create one. They, especially ESPN has made a "Soap-Opera" out of sports. JH is just responding to what's been created.

Just play the damn game.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I never had an issue with Singletary doing that. They were taking it up the butt and he told them like it was. His issue was he couldnt coach worth a flip.
Originally posted by joebbadass:
The sports media generally don't like the 9ers coach. He is high energy, intense and has a better job than them. His gobble, gobble was a reaction to the inane questions all NFL coaches have to put up with from sports media persons. The sports media is all about hype and ratings. Harbaugh is a professional football coach keeping a strong team prepared and together. While the sports reporters are trying to grasp and analyze the deep spiritual meaning of gobble gobble, he is getting the team ready for the Rams. The 49ers are so fortunate to have him.

Amen....We love ya jim!!!!!

all I've got to say is...

gobble, gobble, gobble jive turkey gobblers.

That pretty much sums it up. What's funny is I actually understood what he was saying, in context. NEVER CHANGE JIM! WE LOVE YOU!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I never had an issue with Singletary doing that. They were taking it up the butt and he told them like it was. His issue was he couldnt coach worth a flip.
Mike S. had soo many issues. he always had to be the story, f**k him, JH and gobble gobble is the new herm edwards catch phrase in my opinion plus its a great way to shut up alex haters wherever they may be,, in the media or on the internet or in the thier little quiet room where they tend to go after alex is named nfc player of the week,,, well most of them go there
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
gobble gobble
Originally posted by Janitor:

I disagree. I honestly believe it's a front he puts on for the media.

Janitor I agree; I like how he responds to the media. They ask stupid questions and his reponses confuse and send them away scratching their heads......

His comments are very stategic because the media is searching for negativity for thier articles. He wants all or any negative attention on him and not on his players.

He crazy, but he OUR crazy.
Share 49ersWebzone