There are 227 users in the forums

What to do with Colin Kaepernick???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What to do with Colin Kaepernick???

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by harbaughisGOD:
We need to start Kaepernick ASAP! Alex Smith wont take us anywhere. He is who we thought he was. A good QB against weak teams and a horrible one against good teams!
somethings are not worth answering
Originally posted by cciowa:
We need to start Kaepernick ASAP! Alex Smith wont take us anywhere. He is who we thought he was. A good QB against weak teams and a horrible one against good teams!

Harbaugh is God and yet he is evidently not omniscient or he would be starting CK? So confused! Must visit Mount Olympia to speak with Lord Tolzien for the answer!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Harbaugh is God and yet he is evidently not omniscient or he would be starting CK? So confused! Must visit Mount Olympia to speak with Lord Tolzien for the answer!

... ftw!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

now that is worth answering

Wasting your time, guys! PBM. And gone again.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Wait for Dashon Goldson to sign with his new team next year then trade Kaepernick for Goldson

Guys this has to stop. This is, I believe, a photo of a guy who was a war hero and got his face so badly burnt it had to be reconstructed. If I am right about this - and it isn't a clear picture - the guy is a highly intelligent man who became a poster case for dealing with massive disfigurement.

I doubt he is a 49ers fan, but he deserves better than this from us.

Not sure that mental illness is all that hilarious anyway.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Damn good question. I really can't disagree with either. It's clear - to me at least - that Keap. is being groomed for a seamless transition from #2 to #1. But it is also clear -again, to me at least - that JH & Co. isn't gonna just hand the keys to Keap. without out playing one Alex Smith first. And Alex is making an awfully strong bid for a long-term deal. I'd say that JH & Co. are in a wait-&-see mode. Definitely both are gonna be kept and neither won't just be let go or given away for nothing.

Good post man, I'm glad to see that objectivity still exists with some on the zone. Some people on here think you have to be all in on a certain player to be a dedicated fan. I respect Alex as a player and a 49er I'm just not all in. That doesn't mean I'm all in with Kaep either. I just like what I've seen the little time he has played pre-season/regular season, I think the kid has the IT factor (just a gut feeling). I hope he doesn't get out of SF without us finding out for sure, I bet Atlanta would like to have a do-over with Farve.
Good year to try to deal him. No clear great QBs in college. Bark and Smith are average starters at best. CK could fetch a high pick. Alex is playing very well.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Good year to try to deal him. No clear great QBs in college. Bark and Smith are average starters at best. CK could fetch a high pick. Alex is playing very well.

Something to think about, at least. Aside from the obvious of how well Alex finishes out this season, decisions like this really come down to things behind the scenes that we as fans can't know. Things like, is Ck7 starting to grumble too much and growing too impatient for his shot? How are other teams responding to a subtle and private invitation for trade? How large is the gap between Ck7 and Alex? and would the Niners feel that Alex's 10 mil cap cost isn't worth taking on?

If Alex continues to play well.. even perhaps winning the big one... then I can see Ck7 asking for a trade. He'll know that he won't get a real legit shot to be the starter in 2013. If he can accept his role, then he stays on as backup through the 2013 season. Not gonna look too far ahead though. These decisions usually become much clearer as we go.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kap = Championship

Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Damn good question. I really can't disagree with either. It's clear - to me at least - that Keap. is being groomed for a seamless transition from #2 to #1. But it is also clear -again, to me at least - that JH & Co. isn't gonna just hand the keys to Keap. without out playing one Alex Smith first. And Alex is making an awfully strong bid for a long-term deal. I'd say that JH & Co. are in a wait-&-see mode. Definitely both are gonna be kept and neither won't just be let go or given away for nothing.

Good post man, I'm glad to see that objectivity still exists with some on the zone. Some people on here think you have to be all in on a certain player to be a dedicated fan. I respect Alex as a player and a 49er I'm just not all in. That doesn't mean I'm all in with Kaep either. I just like what I've seen the little time he has played pre-season/regular season, I think the kid has the IT factor (just a gut feeling). I hope he doesn't get out of SF without us finding out for sure, I bet Atlanta would like to have a do-over with Farve.

It is a good post but the belief there are many who actually side with one or the other is a mistake. Some are prone to hyperbole when they debate, but most people on this board respect the niner coaches and management now, enough to give both players credit for their positions.

A couple of years ago this might not have been true as many posters didn't really care that the niners had no legitimate backup--they wanted Smith gone! In historical perspective, this is terribly mild compared to the Montana versus Young debates; or the YA versus Brodie, or Brodie versus Spurrier, or...

It should be fine though for each of us to have a favorite, as long as we don't make outlandish pronouncements regarding their worth. If I had attended NVR I might really be pulling for CK to unseat Smith...but I am a team supporter and like all things niner...including these two.
Originally posted by English:
Guys this has to stop. This is, I believe, a photo of a guy who was a war hero and got his face so badly burnt it had to be reconstructed. If I am right about this - and it isn't a clear picture - the guy is a highly intelligent man who became a poster case for dealing with massive disfigurement.

wrong guy, the picture is someone with DS.

you're thinking of Simon Weston, the guy who promoted the George Foreman grill, so good he put his face on it.
Originally posted by babarvaart:

you're thinking of Simon Weston, the guy who promoted the George Foreman grill, so good he put his face on it.

Either way the point is made and it personally offends me when people use either as the butt of their jokes. Seems like there must be a better way for them to express their thoughts.
Originally posted by babarvaart:

Either way the point is made and it personally offends me when people use either as the butt of their jokes. Seems like there must be a better way for them to express their thoughts.

Not going to judge, as I've posted some stuff here that I'm certainly not proud of. We were once considered the classiest fan base in the sport, so class it up a little shall we.

Back to thread topic. Kaep will Rule All!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Kap = Championship

aside from how your penis points, where is the proof of this that you speak of? just a penis hunch?
Share 49ersWebzone