There are 210 users in the forums

What impact does Willis have on our defense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
God sometimes this board makes me embarrassed to be a Niner fan.

Read the question Idaho. In no way I bash Willis or say something bad about him. I have a question and thought I should ask people that knows football better than I do. If you don't have anything good to say, don't post it.
Willis still has it. Bowman makes all of the highlight plays, but did anyone notice how Willis seemingly came out if nowhere during Bowman's pick 6 to block downfield? He still has the wheels apparently.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Willis still has it. Bowman makes all of the highlight plays, but did anyone notice how Willis seemingly came out if nowhere during Bowman's pick 6 to block downfield? He still has the wheels apparently.

Bowman can handle his own as was made evident during that TNF game @Rams when Willis was injured. That said, having both in the game makes everyone's job that much easier in the defense.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Bowman can handle his own as was made evident during that TNF game @Rams when Willis was injured. That said, having both in the game makes everyone's job that much easier in the defense.

Both of these guys are elite & absolute freaks of nature at the ILB position. I can't think of another ILB combo in history this good.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Both of these guys are elite & absolute freaks of nature at the ILB position. I can't think of another ILB combo in history this good.

of course this is the truth and anything less is just stupid in my opinion

Ken norton Gary plumer
  • Jiks
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ken norton Gary plumer

Derek Smith/Jeff Ulbrich

/thread

Ken norton Gary plumer

Are you kidding?
Sam mills pat swilling Vaughn Johnson Ricky Jackson?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
dave wilcox, frank nunley, skip v old school,,,,, i wish they would have shown some john brodie gene washington stuff last night or some gold rush defense when they were saying good bye to the stick. sure the last three years of the 70's were bad but shoot, we had some good teams and players for the first 6 years of the 70's they could have shown some love for

Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

Ken norton Gary plumer

Are you kidding?

Mike Singletary and Otis Wilson of the 85' Bears come to mind.
Ken Norton was a step slow after his 3rd year here. He was good the 1st 2 years and then bad the last 4 years and he also broke Bys leg which hurt us royally that 98' season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Ken Norton was a step slow after his 3rd year here. He was good the 1st 2 years and then bad the last 4 years and he also broke Bys leg which hurt us royally that 98' season.

he was also bad for us during the first six or 7 games of the 94 season when he first came to us. and he did break richard dents leg vs the chiefs that year haley is so right about norton being slow. that is what killed us at the end of the decade,,, people like him and tim mcdonald were just so slow it was pathetic. i like norton but i really do think he is a big over rated for his time year. as haley said, he really only had about two or three really good years
Willis has burners. Still has that 4.37 speed. Bowman is quicker, but Willis is faster. Dude was a monster last night. Looked like the 2007 Patrick Willis that had to do everything for the defense.
Share 49ersWebzone