LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

What should the team do regarding the lack of depth at OLB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What should the team do regarding the lack of depth at OLB

I have a concern that our OLB's are going to wear out towards the end of the season and going into the play offs. The niners are rolling the dice with only one back up, Haggans, for both olb spots.

The niners drafted two OLB's, so the FO knows this is an area of concern. Unfortunateley Fleming tore his ACL and Johnson is an option. If you where GM what would you do??

I am saying this assuming or hoping the niners can get up on a few teams by 3 scores. Which OLB above would you feel the most comfortable with to rest the starter and who would you want to step in if heaven forbid an injury?
I agree, Dobbs and Grant should be ready to fill in at OLB in case of an emergency

Cam Johnson is there if we need him ....but the only way we can get some proven depth , is to make a trade, and I dont see Baalke and Harbs making a move for an OLB .....but next year I would still draft an OLB , there is no guarantee Fleming will be fully recovered ,and Haralson probably wont be back next year.

next year we can go the BPA route
A: Play Haggins.
We'll probably wait till next draft.

I'd really like to see what Cam has to offer
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

this is the only real option and he looked pretty quick last night.

Then you should vote for A, which is do nothing, keep the present 3 olb's. Not to bag, but it is a poll, and people (lilke voting) talk about what the want to do and they do not do the actual poll.
Originally posted by 9erred:

Then you should vote for A, which is do nothing, keep the present 3 olb's. Not to bag, but it is a poll, and people (lilke voting) talk about what the want to do and they do not do the actual poll.

done.

this
  • mod
  • Veteran
Haggans looked more than capable
What a difference a year makes. The return of Parys, development of Cam Johnson and emergence of Lemonier has really turned a weakness into a strength I think.

Nice depth this year
Convert McCoy & Tolzien
Lemonier and Harralson and the guy [Sutka sp] all played very well last night against the Chiefs
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Lemonier and Harralson and the guy [Sutka sp] all played very well last night against the Chiefs

Baalke has improved our pass rush.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Convert McCoy & Tolzien
Share 49ersWebzone