LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 203 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Anyone else glad no Kaep tonight?

i was praying and hoping he wouldnt get any time

x2. I don't care what Alex Smith says, it ruins the flow of the game when he has to step out and watch Kaep.
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Originally posted by strickac:
What the f**k are you talking about!?

I'm not even a big Alex homer, I think he is a middle of the road Qb at best, but come on! How is a guy that goes 18/19 with 3 TDs and no picks ON THE ROAD "off right now"?

Compare him throw for throw with Skelton...if Smith is "off right now" what was skelton?

How did Tom Brady do against the Cards defense in NEW ENGLAND? He had 1 TD, 1 INT, and only scored 20 pts. Thats right, Smith had a better game on the road than Brady did at home against the same defense.

I respect the hell out of the awesome salary cap posts you make, but geez, do you actually WATCH any football at all?

I think he's talking about Alex's play over the last few games, not just MNF. If you look at the stats last night, he was lights out. Historically, if you look at the unnecessary sacks, the recent INTs, and his innacurracy throwing deep, there's some concern.

This franchise has been blessed with great QBs. An average starting QB or a guy that "manages" games will always be scrutinized. That's what the criticism on this board is about.

How can somebody say "he is so off right now" after that performance? He was not off at all last night, anybody who watched the game could see that. That was Alex Smith at his best.

It's my opinion. He has been off ever since the Minny game. He had good games vs NYJ and BUF, not great though. And has struggled with bad INTs, bad Sacks. YTou can't blame it on his WRs, RBs, TEs, and OL, all is improved, he needs to step up more. I have always backed up Alex, but he is far from a top QB. If we plan on winning multiple championships we need a franchise QB. Our defense will only take us so far before we need to keep up with high powered offenses. I fear the Pats game in NE. December, Boston area, Snow, gonna be a tough game.
Originally posted by strickac:
How can somebody say "he is so off right now" after that performance? He was not off at all last night, anybody who watched the game could see that. That was Alex Smith at his best.

If you only look at a single game, sure he played pretty good yesterday. He didn't do anything spectacular. He was steady and made the accurate, conservative throws. For a WCO, thats fine.

However, the last two games he was getting boo'd. If that tipped pass was Intercepted his stat line wouldn't be anything special and he wouldn't be getting all this praise.

gobble gobble gobble

[ Edited by jreff22 on Oct 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM ]
We are playing WCO football right now.

Short dumpoffs with YAC (which is what Crabs is beasting at), and a power run game.. we saw WCO at its finest last night
and if your finding ways to complain over this game.. you dont belong on this forum, or fanbase.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
It's my opinion. He has been off ever since the Minny game. He had good games vs NYJ and BUF, not great though. And has struggled with bad INTs, bad Sacks. YTou can't blame it on his WRs, RBs, TEs, and OL, all is improved, he needs to step up more. I have always backed up Alex, but he is far from a top QB. If we plan on winning multiple championships we need a franchise QB. Our defense will only take us so far before we need to keep up with high powered offenses. I fear the Pats game in NE. December, Boston area, Snow, gonna be a tough game.

AB, he had a 156 passer rating and 3 tds vs Buf. You must have been confused on that. I think he did very well against GB, Det, Buffalo and Cardinals. Struggled vs Jets (although we didn't need him it was the run games day) and Minnesota (who didn't come out flat?). Played aweful vs Giants. Seattle he was ok, had the one mistake and a few bad throws. It was that type of game. Honestly, with our team the only game he didn't play well enough to win was the Giants game.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

DAMN! Breaking that ankle! OG Moss
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

Short dumpoffs with YAC (which is what Crabs is beasting at), and a power run game.. we saw WCO at its finest last night
and if your finding ways to complain over this game.. you dont belong on this forum, or fanbase.

This, Alex played great! I'm glad he got his confidence back "from the closet". I especially loved the pass to Crabs in the endzone that gave him a chance to fight for the ball against Peterson, which he won for a TD. I hope he starts trusting his receivers to fight for the ball. Crabs owns Peterson!
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

This, Alex played great! I'm glad he got his confidence back "from the closet". I especially loved the pass to Crabs in the endzone that gave him a chance to fight for the ball against Peterson, which he won for a TD. I hope he starts trusting his receivers to fight for the ball. Crabs owns Peterson!

The bold was never the issue. The issue is Alex trusting himself and making an executive decision.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

DAMN! Breaking that ankle! OG Moss

looks like he's throwing a block ? Breaking heads maybe?

anyone know if the full game is uploaded anywhere on youtube yet?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We need more screens. They work.
Lets not get so high on ourselves. We convincingly took out a divisional foe, but that dosent make us special. Were not even one of the top 2 teams in our conference, lets move on with humble hearts and keep focused on the next game.
This was a great win-- defense & special teams especially ...glad to see ST coming back to form and looking like last year. As a spoiled Niner fan since the glory years, i can't lie and say i wanted one more score, in fact was wondering why we didn't attempt at least one more pass (not for the record), but just to get a first down and not have to put the defense back out...??

Oh well, beyond that- the only thing that really irritated me was the sacks we gave up; seems like Alex takes too many or doesn't recognize to throw it away, but i think everyone knows this. Gonna be a nice weekend rooting against our division foes- Happy Halloween Niner Nation!
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Lets not get so high on ourselves. We convincingly took out a divisional foe, but that dosent make us special. Were not even one of the top 2 teams in our conference, lets move on with humble hearts and keep focused on the next game.

Alright Jim.
Share 49ersWebzone