LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 393 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
prediction: Goldson will kill one of the Cardinals.

R.I.P Early Doucet

Yesssssssss

Im pretty sure Doucet died for a few seconds there
We beat the Cards 24-3 on their house... On MNF. Life is good
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
How can somebody say "he is so off right now" after that performance? He was not off at all last night, anybody who watched the game could see that. That was Alex Smith at his best.

If you only look at a single game, sure he played pretty good yesterday. He didn't do anything spectacular. He was steady and made the accurate, conservative throws. For a WCO, thats fine.

However, the last two games he was getting boo'd. If that tipped pass was Intercepted his stat line wouldn't be anything special and he wouldn't be getting all this praise.
Yup I'm not a big Alex homer but i love what he has done over the last 2 seasons so far. Sure our franchise has been blessed with great QB's, but if you don't have one, then what should we do? Keep crying about it? No man, its all up to Harbaugh and staff to maximize his abilites, so far so good, but not great. All this back in forth criticism about our QB play is getting old. Until we find a Top Flight QB, we gonna just have to embrace the players we have that are playing their hearts out for our Beloved Team.
No matter what Alex does, some fans will never be satisfied. By just about all the professional analysis, he had a very good game. I thought he played very well. But, there were many other highlights, too. It was great to see our S so aggressive. I've been waiting for Whitner to show more of what he did last year. Last night, he did. Goldson's been good all season, and his hit on the 'Zona WR was classic. You just know Ronnie Lott had a big ol' smile on his face. The entire defense was good...would've liked to have seen a few more hits on Skelton, but it was still a good effort. Really liked Spillman's ST play, too. The tackle he made on Peterson was clasic.

R.I.P Early Doucet

"I have exorcised the demons!"
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
The Cardinals were within a score of the 49ers most of the first half. The 49ers offense should have been up 24 points before the first half ended. If you Alex lovers can not see that then your blind with Alex love. Put this defense and the ball in the hands of many QB's in the league and the 49ers win by 35 or more points.

At least Harbaugh in the post game interview is giving credit to the YAC YARDS.

lulz, this guy forgot Brady couldn't even put up 20 points, let alone beat the Cards by 35

R.I.P Early Doucet

Yesssssssss

Wow how did Doucet survive! I though he was going to explode after that hit! You're right he did die for a few seconds, ha ha! I didn't think he was ever going to get up. He'll think twice before goes across the middle against the Niners again. BEWARE THE HAWK(Goldson)
PAY THE MAN!!
It's scary when the guy gets hit And his hands curl up like that
  • dj43
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I'm overally happy. Thoughts below.

Nice to be 6-2, and 2 games up on Arizona.

Alex is so off right now big time. He over throws and lays ducks into the WRs. Had the tip not happened on the Walker catch, that would of been a pick or eventual punt. Crabtree bailed out Alex, the short passes on 3rd and long have been a big no no lately. Lukcly Crabtree got them into FG range. Throwing 3rd and goal in coverage 4 yards short of endzone to Crabtree, luckly Peterson whiffed on the tackle. 18/19 looks nice, but he got bailed big time. I do like the Moss TD, he made the right read.

I went back and looked at the throw to Walker. I find nothing to show it would have been picked. The DB skyed to tip it. Had he not, it would have gotten to Walker at a rather high point. I doubt the other DB would have been able to make a play or it other than perhaps to jostle Walker into an incompletion.

As to short passes; AZ was playing their safeties deep on those plays giving no room for deeper completions. In that situation, you do exactly what Smith and the 49ers did; you take the short throw to the receiver best able to make YAC.

In the past, people have criticized Smith for not doing exactly what he did last night. Last night he delivered the ball in stride to receivers who were able to run for extra yards. He went deep into his progressions and made the most advantageous throw available. smh

Let's not forget: Though the AZ offense stinks, their defense is one of the very best in the league. They held Brady and NE to FEWER points than the 49ers put up. I don't see how anyone can fault the performance last night other than the fact Smith took some sacks he should not have taken. Even then, the lack of a TE that can read defenses and get open on short routes is still the one weak link in this offense. (Imagine how many sacks Romo would have taken Sunday if he had not had Jason Whitten)

Originally posted by Snider8706:
It's scary when the guy gets hit And his hands curl up like that

Kind of like a dead roach!
Originally posted by Wrathman:

R.I.P Early Doucet

Yesssssssss

Wow how did Doucet survive! I though he was going to explode after that hit! You're right he did die for a few seconds, ha ha! I didn't think he was ever going to get up. He'll think twice before goes across the middle against the Niners again. BEWARE THE HAWK(Goldson)
PAY THE MAN!!

Lorenz Oneal said on 95.7 this morning that Doucet sharted right after that hit
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by Wrathman:

R.I.P Early Doucet

Yesssssssss

PAY THE MAN!!

Lorenz Oneal said on 95.7 this morning that Doucet sharted right after that hit

The Hawk knocked the sh*t out of him!
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Anyone else glad no Kaep tonight?

i was praying and hoping he wouldnt get any time
Share 49ersWebzone