LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

A quick look at the NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Time to take a look at the big picture. Loosing to the Giants sucks. But it is not devastating. Here is what the NFC West looks like right now:

49ers:
Record: 4-2
Next 4 weeks: Seattle (at home), Arizona (away, but with 10 days to prepare), bye, St. Louis (at home)

Seattle:
Next 4 weeks: SF (away), Detroit (away), Minnesota (at home), NY Jets (at home)

Arizona:
Next 4 weeks: Minnesota (away), SF (at home), Green Bay (away), bye

St. Louis:
Record: 3-3
Next 4 weeks: Green Bay (at home), New England (at home), bye, SF (away)

Now for some speculation.

49ers:
I see no reason why we can't sweep the division over the next 4 weeks. Seattle has me a little nervous because its a short week and they have a tough defense, but I just can't see them doing much against our defense. I'm predicting a win somewhere in the neighborhood of 14-3. As for Arizona, we will have 3 whole days more to prepare for them than they do for us. They are not a very good team. The Bills exposed them (the f**king Bills!?). And the Rams are, well, the Rams. So in 4 weeks, we should be sitting at 7-2.

Seattle:
After they loose to us, I think Detroit and Minnesota will give them trouble. I think they will loose to both of them, but just to be safe, let's say the Seachickens pull out a win against one of them. They should also handle the Jets at home. That will put them at 6-4 going into their bye week.

Arizona:
I don't think the Cards will be able to beat the Vikings and Packers on the road. We will beat them as well. They will loose their next 3 games going into their bye week. That will put them at 4-5. To add to their forthcoming meltdown, they will face the Falcons in Atlanta after their bye.

St. Louis:
They will play the Packers and Patriots at home the next two weeks. An upset wouldn't surprise me, but is also unlikely. Let's say they do pull off one upset... and then loose to us in SF. That will put them at 4-5.

Our biggest threat:
Down the stretch I think Seattle will prove to be the biggest threat. They have a pretty easy schedule to finish up the season. Overall though, we are in good position to win a competitive division.
[ Edited by blm7754 on Oct 15, 2012 at 3:15 PM ]
Very right there....we will finish 12-4 or 11-5 and probably get the number 2 bye week. As I've said before, losing a game in the regular season sucks but as long as we are in the playoffs, I could care less......see the giants reg season game where we beat them. I would rather win in the playoffs than in the regular season. Perspective people
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Well I think this game Thursday makes or breaks the division bragging rights. We all know how tough it is to play up in Seattle. Heck, every team that goes up there basically loses (NE/GB). If we lose Thursday night I think the mental state of the team will be questioned. The one thing about this team is we've never lost 2 in a row and after every loss, we've bounced back BIG.

This Thursday...at the very least.....is a statement game that the Niners are no fluke and the game against the Giants was just a bad game.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
We MUST destroy the chicken hawks! I HATE that team and their fans with a passion. Plus, my two good friends are seachicken fans and i have $100 riding on the game with them
Originally posted by elguapo:
Very right there....we will finish 12-4 or 11-5 and probably get the number 2 bye week. As I've said before, losing a game in the regular season sucks but as long as we are in the playoffs, I could care less......see the giants reg season game where we beat them. I would rather win in the playoffs than in the regular season. Perspective people

Seattle makes me a lot nervous. Their defense may be better than the Niners D right now.

St. Louis scares me more than the cards.
Bottom line. We gotta run the football to win the west this year.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Seattle makes me a lot nervous. Their defense may be better than the Niners D right now.

St. Louis scares me more than the cards.

i think we'll split the series with them.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
If we go back to doing what we did last year, then I think we'll win. We need to control the clock and get the win in the end. They got a good D, but so do we. As long as our CS got all this cute QB switching playcalls crap outta their system we'll be good.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Well one things for sure.....the defense needs to create the energy and the rest of the team will follow. They need to play angry, especially the DLine.

Funny thing is that there's a strong (maybe even 80%) possibility that we face the majority of the NFC teams we lost/lose to in the regular season, once again in the playoffs (and history always shows a different outcome, we were even made an example of this).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Funny thing is that there's a strong (maybe even 80%) possibility that we face the majority of the NFC teams we lost/lose to in the regular season, once again in the playoffs (and history always shows a different outcome, we were even made an example of this).

All of this

Not worried at all... It seems Arizona has been found out. Seattle is a good team but not better then Us, and St. Louis just isn't there yet.

IMO the division will be clinched before week 16 against Seattle.
A quick look at the NFC West........ from the rear view mirror
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Agree
Share 49ersWebzone