LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Official Greg "the mad scientist" Roman Express

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
The guy can't make in game adjustments to save his life. And his jumbo packages suck balls

yea, they need to dump that s**t. It's stupid and never works.
So it was 2nd and 20, we lined up with almost all our weapons, and Roman calls a draw play to Gore, result was like 1 yard, lol

I bet you I would own Greg Roman if he played me in Madden!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Normally I don't complain about play calling because it is often hindsight and I'm not an expert, but there have been a couple of plays that had me shaking my head. A slow developing handoff and run left trying to get outside when the other team is blitzing from the outside? I could definitely see a screen pass in that situation...but a slow developing run? Argh!

Screen pass? What's that? Does Roman even have that in his playbook? Sometimes I wonder....
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Normally I don't complain about play calling because it is often hindsight and I'm not an expert, but there have been a couple of plays that had me shaking my head. A slow developing handoff and run left trying to get outside when the other team is blitzing from the outside? I could definitely see a screen pass in that situation...but a slow developing run? Argh!

Screen pass? What's that? Does Roman even have that in his playbook? Sometimes I wonder....
LOL

Exactly.

Yea, its in there. Its in the VERY BACK, behind all the Jet-Sweeps, Triple Option Reverses, and Jumbo Gut plays.
Roman called that game yesterday like he was Jimmy Raye on Adderall. "Run hard.....no pain, no gain, bigger formation, bigger, bigger, do it again, do it again!"
2nd down? Only option is a running play!
Originally posted by verb1der:
So it was 2nd and 20, we lined up with almost all our weapons, and Roman calls a draw play to Gore, result was like 1 yard, lol

I bet you I would own Greg Roman if he played me in Madden!
dis doe
  • kray28
  • Veteran
There is no more overrated OC in the NFL than this guy.
Roman has been doing so bad he's got me agreeing with Cohn.......which is just....horrible.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20121203/SPORTS/121209904/1016/SPORTS0401?p=all&tc=pgall
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Roman has been doing so bad he's got me agreeing with Cohn.......which is just....horrible.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20121203/SPORTS/121209904/1016/SPORTS0401?p=all&tc=pgall

Seriously, it's become so obvious by this stage that ROMAN (maybe he's adhering to Harbaugh's offensive philosophy here too though), despite two different QB's with different skill sets, makes them look identical.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Seriously, it's become so obvious by this stage that ROMAN (maybe he's adhering to Harbaugh's offensive philosophy here too though), despite two different QB's with different skill sets, makes them look identical.

I feel like Roman could have Aaron Rodgers and manage to make him look like a middling passer. His offense tries to be complicated for no reason and the only people its fooling is his own team.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NCommand:

I feel like Roman could have Aaron Rodgers and manage to make him look like a middling passer. His offense tries to be complicated for no reason and the only people its fooling is his own team.

Sadly this
Up to this point Roman has wasted Randy Moss and forgot about Vernon Davis.

He seems to want the Niners to be a smashmouth running team, and keeps trotting out that stupid Jumbo package every other play.

You can be a good, effective running team, but slamming Gore up the gut time-after-time for 2 yds is not a recipe for success.

If you're not getting it done on the ground, then you better adjust...go old-school BWO and pass to set up the run.

And if they do activate and actually PLAY James, Roman The Brilliant hopefully will recall a nice little play that not only is effective is against a strong pass rush/blitz, it also gets the ball to a playmaker in space...it's called a screen.
I agree he may be the most overrated OC right now.
Wow. You guys should read Cohn's column. I don't like him as a journalist but I find it hard to disagree with him.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20121203/SPORTS/121209904/1010/SPORTS?p=all&tc=pgall

One thing I would add to this is that Roman has not schemed new ways to get Vernon the ball in over a month. That's inexcusable.
Share 49ersWebzone