LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Delanie Walker (and others)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There is the perception that the 49ers have a feared 2 TE set with VD and Walker - but Walker seems to be very little threat in the offense and when he does have a chance to make plays he is dropping balls - 2 today? Do others share that perception? Maybe Celek should get some playing time in 2 TE sets - he was apparently kept because they like his hands.

Gore - I believed Gore had become a North-South only running, lacking burst around the edge anymore. Hmmm, he got to the edge today!

Moss got his TD, but he did seem disappointed in his role. I hope his role increases or he doesn't implode in mid season.
I think dropped passes are better than not getting open.

Delanie will be fine.
What in gods name are you talking about
Christ not everyone's going to have a perfect day.......
He dropped a perfectly thrown ball today. But besides that, he was OK. There are only so many plays/players to distribute the football to.
Cut him!
Everyone already knows my opinion on Walker, so I won't even get started.
Moss had 47 and a TD, I hope he wasn't disappointed... it was a nice game. He should know by now we are going to substitute our WRs in and out. As for Delanie it was disappointing but he will have better days. I am going to be very interested in how much he wants after this season and if we keep him or go TE in the draft.
DW is so under appreciated. He cleared out 2 (maybe 3) defenders with his route on Davis' touchdown catch, plus he took two defenders out of the play on a Frank Gore run when we had 15 to go deep in our own territory and allowed Frank to pick it up. Just because the guy's not catching passes and scoring points doesn't mean he isn't a critical piece of the offense.
walker cant catch for s**t

Early in the year and Walker dropped a pass...PANIC! I actually have my problems with Walker because he does have some difficulty at times but he is a very unique weapon and is too good to allow a seemingly bad game send him to the bench. I think it would help to get him involved earlier in the game with some short stuff...get him warmed up. They did that in a couple of games last year and he played well.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
There is the perception that the 49ers have a feared 2 TE set with VD and Walker - but Walker seems to be very little threat in the offense and when he does have a chance to make plays he is dropping balls - 2 today? Do others share that perception? Maybe Celek should get some playing time in 2 TE sets - he was apparently kept because they like his hands.

Gore - I believed Gore had become a North-South only running, lacking burst around the edge anymore. Hmmm, he got to the edge today!

Moss got his TD, but he did seem disappointed in his role. I hope his role increases or he doesn't implode in mid season.

WTF?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

WTF?

exactly, Moss knew wtf he was getting into when he chose to sign with the 49ers
he was basically the only negative I saw in the game.

he's a free agent after the season - I expect he leaves and we draft another TE in the first three rounds.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

WTF?

exactly, Moss knew wtf he was getting into when he chose to sign with the 49ers

Sorry but he played 1/3 of our snaps. Call me crazy but for your first game in 18 months I'd call that a resounding success. TD, 50 yards, no drops, got open, blocked, opened up our offense just through his presence on the field. I bet he plays upwards of 30 against Detroit's equally atrocious secondary.
Share 49ersWebzone