LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 176 users in the forums

Preseason Week 3: Thoughts after re-watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
You know what IS entertaining? Playing in the &#_&#$_&#_$+# Playoffs.

oh fo shizzle my nizzle but it aint playoff time yet. I want to be entertained every time I watch niner football.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
oh fo shizzle my nizzle but it aint playoff time yet. I want to be entertained every time I watch niner football.

Get a dog an rub peanut butter on your junk at game time.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Wodwo:

thats my pre-game ritual.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Damn... that's a tough act to follow.

No wonder you have such high expectations!
Originally posted by natrone06:
Good write up.

Agree about our defense.

Also excited about perish cox.

Brock getting picked on by Eli and Peyton is one thing but Caleb Hainie was targeting him. I will not be mad if we replace him with another teams final cuts.

Not a huge fan of sentences like "He just looks uncomfortable" describing Kaep and describing Alex as confident
And sure of himself. IMO both don't actually mean anything. Similar to when Tolzien gets described as having "having great control of the huddle." just really empty words that are just made up out of thin air.

Sorry your not a fan of those statements, but that is my opinion regardless. I didn't make them up. Kaep LOOKS uncomfortable when running a conventional offense. Alex LOOKS more sure of himself and his decisions than at any time I've ever seen him.

If you see that as "empty words that are made up out of thin air", that is your right. It's my right to think your completely wrong.

Peace.
Nice write up Marvin49. I can't wait to see what the coaching staff has in store for the Packers week 1. I will be there live to enjoy it!
I"m still a bit worried about Williams. When he runs with the ball, the ball carrying arm seems to flail away from the body quite often making it prone to fumbles. Most runners tuck the ball tightly against the body... Expect some fumbles.
Originally posted by father49er:
I"m still a bit worried about Williams. When he runs with the ball, the ball carrying arm seems to flail away from the body quite often making it prone to fumbles. Most runners tuck the ball tightly against the body... Expect some fumbles.

Fumbles from Williams? No way!! I never would of thought he was capable of that! lol..
My thoughts from being at the game....

First off the niners were more concerned about who was singing "'made in America" (Toby Keith) than about who they were playing...

-Brock excels at tackling... Kind of, and that's about it.
-Denver max protected allot, and without our main pass rusher and a scheme, manning did what he does, find the one on one matchup and take advantage. But it was against our worst CB, and often times because everyone else was covered. plus Decker is far and away Denver's best WR, not Thomas, definitely a fantasy sleeper outside of Colorado.
-Jenkins impressed me first hand, outside of the 3 seconds you see when a pass is thrown his way on tv, but field level he is quick and gets open quick too. A year on the bench learning the right way to play WR instead of relying on his physical talent will turn him into a beast, reminds me of Maclin.
-CK doesn't appear as jittery in the pocket in person... But who knows, I was about 8 beers and 4 screwdrivers deep at that point.
- last I'll say is that when our lines both O and D, are motivated they maul... Unfortunately it was on an individual basis this game... But when a niner looked like he tried, he excelled... But then went back to te huddle to ask who sang the song playing in the background lol

hmmm, i was septic at first, but I can see the logic and everyone else is doing it..... Officially on my to do list

• sfout
  • Veteran
People are worried that KW might have lost his confidence after the NFCCG but I'd point right to Brock and say him and Williams are polar opposites on how to handle adversity. They are both day 3 draftable / UDFA type players and I feel the comparison is very valid.

KW's mistakes were highlighted because he was replacing an injured pro bowl returner and had to incredibly bad mistakes but Brock's were much more subtle. He came in for an injured CB and was never effective. Immediately giving too much cushion to Manningham and allowing him inside leverage on a post route, the entire game was a disaster for Brock. One could even say that if Brock had never allowed that TD or Brown never been injured that Williams second fumble would've never mattered or possibly never even happened ( IIRC the 1st one happened before this TD??? )

KW has responded with strength and integrity to this challenge and he is determined to rebound from his mistakes. Brock's mistakes are less glaring because the defense was on the field with him but his mistakes in the NFCCG were just as damning as Williams'. Brock has lost his confidence, once he injured his hand he was never the same the rest of the season and his poor performance in the NFCCG seems to have spilled into his offseason and into this season.

Brock is responding to his mistakes the way people thought Williams would react to his, only difference is Williams is proving them wrong.

No that my rant is over, I like the points, all of them are things I agree with.
[ Edited by sfout on Aug 30, 2012 at 6:52 AM ]
wrong thread
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Aug 30, 2012 at 6:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Sorry your not a fan of those statements, but that is my opinion regardless. I didn't make them up. Kaep LOOKS uncomfortable when running a conventional offense. Alex LOOKS more sure of himself and his decisions than at any time I've ever seen him.

If you see that as "empty words that are made up out of thin air", that is your right. It's my right to think your completely wrong.

Peace.

Funny you got this from the Broncos game. I thought he looked pretty bad on a couple of those third downs. Seemed he stalled while going through his reads.
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Peace.

Funny you got this from the Broncos game. I thought he looked pretty bad on a couple of those third downs. Seemed he stalled while going through his reads.

To be fair it wasn't JUST from the Broncos game. I'm not setting he set the world on fire, just saying he looks comfortable. I haven't seen him throw a bad pass (outside of the deep Moss throw, but Moss was triple covered. He probably shouldn't have thrown it at all. I have to think SOMEONE else was open if three guys were on Moss).
Originally posted by 5280High:
My thoughts from being at the game....

First off the niners were more concerned about who was singing "'made in America" (Toby Keith) than about who they were playing...

-Brock excels at tackling... Kind of, and that's about it.
-Denver max protected allot, and without our main pass rusher and a scheme, manning did what he does, find the one on one matchup and take advantage. But it was against our worst CB, and often times because everyone else was covered. plus Decker is far and away Denver's best WR, not Thomas, definitely a fantasy sleeper outside of Colorado.
-Jenkins impressed me first hand, outside of the 3 seconds you see when a pass is thrown his way on tv, but field level he is quick and gets open quick too. A year on the bench learning the right way to play WR instead of relying on his physical talent will turn him into a beast, reminds me of Maclin.
-CK doesn't appear as jittery in the pocket in person... But who knows, I was about 8 beers and 4 screwdrivers deep at that point.
- last I'll say is that when our lines both O and D, are motivated they maul... Unfortunately it was on an individual basis this game... But when a niner looked like he tried, he excelled... But then went back to te huddle to ask who sang the song playing in the background lol

If your fantasy league actually thinks Eric Decker is only a sleeper I want to play.
Share 49ersWebzone