There are 172 users in the forums

Really? 7.2 Wins?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Football Outsiders use calculators to analyze football. It makes for an interesting read, but in the end their guess is as good as anyone else's. There are too many hidden variables in football that cannot be accurately quantified by numbers or formulas. How did their prediction for the 2011 49ers turn out? LOL..
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by genus49:
Seriously...who cares?

Do you guys not recall how many prognoticators had the 49ers dead last in the NFC West last year?

Let them predict losing seasons all they want. Team has to go out there and perform no matter what strength of schedule. They're a talented team just need to have some things fall into place. I'd certainly take the over.

We were front runners for Andrew Luck.

Actually, we weren't, but good try.
Lots of people were saying harbaugh/luck reunion before the season started last year
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by sachie23:
Vegas has the 9ers at like 4/1 odds to win the superbowl this season right now.

MGM books have us at 4/1.

Cantor books have us at 10/1.

LINK

Ya is take Vegas' take over football s**tsiders any day.
Here's the interview

http://www.957thegame.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5942702
Does this man look like he knows anything about football?

I thought not...
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Does this man look like he knows anything about football?

I thought not...

Lol. POTW.
Too low obviously. But it doesn't matter.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by genus49:
Seriously...who cares?

Do you guys not recall how many prognoticators had the 49ers dead last in the NFC West last year?

Let them predict losing seasons all they want. Team has to go out there and perform no matter what strength of schedule. They're a talented team just need to have some things fall into place. I'd certainly take the over.

We were front runners for Andrew Luck.

Actually, we weren't, but good try.
Lots of people were saying harbaugh/luck reunion before the season started last year

Everyone with a brain knew that the 49ers were not going to be the worst team in the league in 2011 my friend. Let's be real for a second here.
Football Outsiders use calculators to analyze football. It makes for an interesting read, but in the end their guess is as good as anyone else's. There are too many hidden variables in football that cannot be accurately quantified by numbers or formulas. How did their prediction for the 2011 49ers turn out? LOL..

Ehhh. They're forecasting obviously, but they've shown over time that they're guesses are better than everyone else's. They're certainly better than a bunch of 9ers fans who think the probability model is them being "haters" (LOL).

They've also come out and said they think it looks low to them too, but it's what they came out with.. Not to much to see here, IMO.

Football Outsiders predicted that the 2011 Niners would win 7.7 games, 10th ranked defense, 15th ranked special teams

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2011/2011-dvoa-projections
[ Edited by ninerdaddy on Jul 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM ]

Wonder which game we will only win .2 of???
well they're saying that the defense and special teams wont cant repeat what they did. I say they can. the niners have always had good defenses. even when we were losing games it was always a dogfight. they say also that the close games we won could have gone any way.My point is this, i believe the defense and special teams will hold up, alex will throw more touchdowns/game, and even if we suffer an injury we have capable and hungry backups. Ilook what larry grant did while Willis was out. I really dont see how this team can regress
They can blow it out their ear
I wish that was a sports book bet !!

whats .2 of a win?
Share 49ersWebzone