LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Exhibition PT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who do you think needs to get a lot of reps in the exhibition games? I'm hoping to see a lot of CK and Kilgore and Person on the offensive side of the ball. On D, I hope Spilman and Robinson get a lot of time.
Would be pretty much all the rookies. I want to see LeMichael James, Jenkins, Trent Robinson, Looney. I also want to see Brandon Jacobs. See if he got it over Dixon. Want to see more of the second year guys too. Kaep, Tolzien, Dobbs comes to mind. Want to see how Josh Johnson function in the offense also. Also some of the injured guys from last year.

And most of all Aldon Smith with his stab wounds....
I want to see LaMichael James PERIOD!
Gotta get Alex Smiff as many reps as possible so that maybe he can start playing like a decent QB.

.. but seriously, I can't wait to see Alex Boone and Anthony Davis on that right side. Heck, Kilgore and Slowey at C too. It is the OL that will make or break our season, perhaps.
Originally posted by ninergold:
Who do you think needs to get a lot of reps in the exhibition games? I'm hoping to see a lot of CK and Kilgore and Person on the offensive side of the ball. On D, I hope Spilman and Robinson get a lot of time.

Yeah, really want to see the battle at RG play out and backup C. I'm excited to see all the rookies play esp. Robinson, LMJ & Slowey/Looney/Cam. Looking forward to seeing how Spillman plays in place of Goldson.

As for QB, yeah, I want to see Alex get every single rep he can with the 1's but also provide some serious time for CK, Johnson & Tolzien.
Ck, Robinson and cam johnson
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for NinerBuff.
Players who REALLY need exhibition playing time:

1) Kaepernick
2) James (no OTAs puts him behind the 8-ball)
3) Boone (can we rely on him, or can Looney/Kilgore replace him)
4) Spillman / Robinson (we need to have a backup plan in case Goldson shows up out of shape)
5) Jenkins (I want to seem more competitive drive, it seems like he's content to take the back seat)
all those guys from Aldon's party
Josh Johnson, AJ Jenkins, Lamike
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

1) Kaepernick
4) Spillman / Robinson (we need to have a backup plan in case Goldson shows up out of shape)
5) Jenkins (I want to seem more competitive drive, it seems like he's content to take the back seat)

???

Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

1) Kaepernick

???

Essentially, I just haven't been impressed with him in the limited action we've seen/read about. I'm probably over-reacting, but still, I want to see more from Jenkins!
I think this is going to be a learning year for Jenkins. He's going to sit behind Moss, Crabs and Manningham.
Im interested in seeing Dobbs play
I think that anyone who is not already established needs playing time. That's a big factor in determining not only who makes the team but who the primary backups are going to be. I personally want to see Alex Boone and the other backup linemen, Kyle Williams, Manningham, La Michael James, AJ Jenkins, Trent Robinson, Aldon Smith at OLB, Kaepernick, Tolzien. God, too many to list. I will stop there.

I am looking forward to it.
First Teams might get a half, or at least a quarter in exhibition game one and possibly two, but for three and four, they'll get a drive.

However, I'm really looking forward to many of these guys. Our starts are mostly set (RG anyone?).

I'm really looking forward to seeing a few guys though: A.J. Jenkins (obvious reasons), Nathan Palmer (no idea why, but he intrigues me), LaMichael James (might be our RBotF, but can he play in the NFL at his size?), RG competition between Slowey, Kilgore, Looney and Boone. Also, I'm curious to see how Manningham and Moss look playing with an average NFL QB, and not a great one. I'm also curious to see if Moss still has "it".

Lastly, I'm really looking forward to seeing Larry Grant. Bowman is close to his contract year and I think it will be one of our top priorities to resign him soon. After what he accomplished last season, this might be hard to retain him. I'm not sure if the 49ers will have the cap space looking at AB83's numbers in 2013. We'll probably have to pay him like 6-8million a season. That being said, Grant will have to step up. Absolutely loved the guy when he replaced Willis when he went down with that injury against the Rams. I think Grant could fill in nicely, however I did see him make some mistakes you normally don't see from Bowman. He won't be as good as Bowman, but he'll definitely be Spikes worthy, without the leadership.

Go Niners!
Share 49ersWebzone