LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 351 users in the forums

EdEs Highlights: Update 08/12/2012 Pre Season 2012 Week 1 49ers Replay vs Vikings

Shop Find 49ers gear online

EdEs Highlights: Update 08/12/2012 Pre Season 2012 Week 1 49ers Replay vs Vikings

Originally posted by EdEs:
Loading up the Dashon Goldson Video now, will work on Frank Gore's/Gire's video next

You're the MAN!
#38 is an absolute terror at FS and NOT easily replaced! I'm making a PAY THE MAN sign for week 1 against the Pack if he has play under the franchise tag! Anyone know where I might find a high res pic of Dashon spreading his wings after an interception? Great vids and thanks for the thread. You're a true asset to the site.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
#38 is an absolute terror at FS and NOT easily replaced! I'm making a PAY THE MAN sign for week 1 against the Pack if he has play under the franchise tag! Anyone know where I might find a high res pic of Dashon spreading his wings after an interception? Great vids and thanks for the thread. You're a true asset to the site.

Dude is a boss. Lays the wood just as good as Whitner and is a ballhawk that every team dreams of having.
I'm the first one to gladly retract all the negativity that I heaped upon Smith in prior years, but wow...

After watching that highlight reel, I realize even more so how much he has improved.

Truly incredible and, most importantly, only the first step.

Can't wait for this season.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
love me some Dashon. pay the man.
Three bad things stand out instantly re: Goldson (per this highlight video).
  1. He is late to the catching receiver almost every time. Where are these 9 defended passes? I saw a few good timing hits but he never once played the ball.
  2. He does take poor angles and relies on his hits too much rather than sure-tackling; hesitation at times
  3. He always starts very deep (see also, Mays, Taylor) in his sets yet I still didn't see one single pass defended over-the-top in the middle of the field or near the sidelines.

Three good things:
  1. He hits well THROUGH people and intimidates well
  2. He's generally always in the neighborhood; rarely out of position
  3. He plays best up near the LOS and down hill

PS; Willis still is not very good in coverage and with Goldson always late (b/c he's so far deep), this was our weakness last year esp. against the better TE's. I'd say 1/2 of Goldson's INT's were very nice and the rest were the biggest "give me" INT's I have ever seen. Like Emmitt Smith did for his OL, Goldson needs to take his front 7 out to dinner or buy them a Rolex!

PSS: If any of you get a chance to watch this Goldson highlight video again, watch the QB every time...it's truly remarkable how many times the QB is harassed into making poor, late, pressured throws. It just confirms how well our front 7 did last year...looks like Fangio brought a few outside blitzes too.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 26, 2012 at 3:13 PM ]
Holy Smokes, Batman!!! Great videos!

After watching Smith,Aldon,Willis and Bowman, I just dont see how we wont dominate for a very long time......We have some truley great players on D.

Edit: is there a chance to highlight the guys we should be watching? LIke using a light dot or something that points them out pre snap?
Thank you great videos!
Originally posted by EdEs:
Man that Alex Smith video took a long time to make! Going to start on Goldson's next hope to have the video up by Thursday. I know the quality could be better but I don't have access to HD videos and am using windows movie maker. If you have a better free alternative please inform me of it. I know music is always very controversial so I picked out an old NFL films classic cd to choose the tracks from. Hope you guys enjoy the vids I am NOT looking to get into video editing this is just a hobby so please go easy on me I am completely untrained. I made all the videos through my own editing and didn't copy anyone else's, all content belongs to the NFL. Check back once a week or so since that is the time frame I hope I can produce a video. Here are the videos done below, thanks

Quarter Backs:
#07 Colin Kaepernick: 2011
#11 Alex Smith 2011

Wide Receivers:
#15 Michael Crabtree: 2011

Defensive Ends:
#94 Justin Smith: 2011

Outside Linebackers:
#99 Aldon Smith: 2011

Inside Linebackers:
#52 Patrick Willis: 2011
#53 Navorro Bowman: 2011

Defensive Backs:
#22 Carlos Rogers: 2011
#38 Dashon Goldson 2011

Add in Brooks, Whitner, Brown & McDonald and you've got our entire defense minus the ultimate no-high;light position that Sopoaga plays (like a man and true team player). Very nice work!!!
I love you man. Great videos. Keep them coming! I'd also like to see a Ahmad Brooks vid.

WOW!!! The thing that stood out to me was how often our defense collapsed the pocket. We truely have THE most dominate front 7 in football. Goldson is good but not 8 mill per good.
WOW!!! The thing that stood out to me was how often our defense collapsed the pocket. We truely have THE most dominate front 7 in football. Goldson is good but not 8 mill per good. I rather give bowman the money
We need to change the Alex Smith title to Man under Duress. Good Lord...he's either throwing under 3 seconds and getting blasted, scrambling for his life or making plays with his legs and adlibing. When he did have time, he absolutely picked apart the defense. Let's pray for more of that this season!
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
I'm the first one to gladly retract all the negativity that I heaped upon Smith in prior years, but wow...

After watching that highlight reel, I realize even more so how much he has improved.

Truly incredible and, most importantly, only the first step.

Can't wait for this season.

Yet according to some he is a mediocre at best qb. Every one of his critics should watch that clip and then rethink their position on our well above average qb. He made clutch plays under extreme duress many times last year. Clutch is something you have or don't, it is not taught.
like goldson a lot stays in position hard hitter

needs to work on fundamentals then he will be elite saftey
Share 49ersWebzone