LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 132 users in the forums

EdEs Highlights: Update 08/12/2012 Pre Season 2012 Week 1 49ers Replay vs Vikings

Shop Find 49ers gear online

EdEs Highlights: Update 08/12/2012 Pre Season 2012 Week 1 49ers Replay vs Vikings

Originally posted by Garcia:

Listening to the music in that video makes me feel like I'm at Great America Theme Park.

Alex has some serious wheels.....I didn't realize how effective he can be running. I was impressed not just with his ability to run, but how/when he chose to run. He didn't just run scrambeling for his life. He ran when he saw a certain type of defense....impressive.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Listening to the music in that video makes me feel like I'm at Great America Theme Park.

Alex has some serious wheels.....I didn't realize how effective he can be running. I was impressed not just with his ability to run, but how/when he chose to run. He didn't just run scrambeling for his life. He ran when he saw a certain type of defense....impressive.

He ran for like 600 yards his junior year before he got drafted.

People forget how rediculous his stats were in college.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/prospects/alex_smith.html
Alex Smith emerged as a Heisman finalist this season as a junior, and has skyrocketed up draft boards. Smith was an unheralded recruit in high school, and decided on Utah over Louisville only because his uncle John L. Smith, told him he would not be at Louisville for all of Smith's career. Smith has absolutely ridiculous stats in his two seasons as starting quarterback for the Utes. He is 20-1 as a starter, completed over 65% of his passes for 4,871 yards, 43 touchdowns and just 7 interceptions. As a runner, he totaled 1,015 yards and 15 touchdowns.

At the same time, in the same article they predict Smith going in the mid 2nd round.
He ran for like 600 yards his junior year before he got drafted.

People forget how rediculous his stats were in college.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/prospects/alex_smith.html
Alex Smith emerged as a Heisman finalist this season as a junior, and has skyrocketed up draft boards. Smith was an unheralded recruit in high school, and decided on Utah over Louisville only because his uncle John L. Smith, told him he would not be at Louisville for all of Smith's career. Smith has absolutely ridiculous stats in his two seasons as starting quarterback for the Utes. He is 20-1 as a starter, completed over 65% of his passes for 4,871 yards, 43 touchdowns and just 7 interceptions. As a runner, he totaled 1,015 yards and 15 touchdowns.

At the same time, in the same article they predict Smith going in the mid 2nd round.

They were right. He was a developmental player.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
They were right. He was a developmental player.

But looking at the type of player he was in college, I don't see his elite TD:INT ratio faultering all that much. When he knows wtf is going on, he doesn't throw many picks. I don't see it changing.

Anyway, great video man.
i know this has been talked about

but if you look at him even in college he got better when he got continuity in urban meyer system

urban meyer said the same tihng he needs continuity

it just sucks that as a young qb the 49er FO coullnt get him continuity till his 7th year
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i know this has been talked about

but if you look at him even in college he got better when he got continuity in urban meyer system

urban meyer said the same tihng he needs continuity

it just sucks that as a young qb the 49er FO coullnt get him continuity till his 7th year

He didn't get better. He was AMAZING. 43 TDs - 7 INTs. 21-1 Record.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 23, 2012 at 2:39 PM ]
Wow, thanks for the videos, great job!!
Lol that alex smith video is quite amusing ...

at 1:15ish - the scramble against the cardinals that gets cut off, he actually throws an interception ... not sure if that is a highlight
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:

at 1:15ish - the scramble against the cardinals that gets cut off, he actually throws an interception ... not sure if that is a highlight

Kendall Hunter please

GOLDSON please. The end of June is perfect time to see big hits as the slow season passes
Thanks much for putting these together. They're awesome.

As for the music, I like it. I hate when people put cheesy ass rap/rock songs to the clips. It completely detracts from the footage. Who the hell wants to listen to some corny Seether songs or Wiz Khalifa at all, let alone when you're trying to enjoy some Niners footage.

The only better option would be to go with straight up audio/commentary from the games themselves, but as I saw you commented on youtube, it was too difficult to edit together quality-wise.

Well done!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Tarell Brown should get some highlight treatment as well.
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice: Nice job on the Smith video.
Originally posted by kronik: Awesome work again dude
Originally posted by GSeef49er: Man, I never realized just how many good runs Alex had this year. Another great video!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Nice job man, absolutely love the classic NFL music. I didn't realize just how many plays Alex made last year, and I am one of his biggest advocates. Can't wait to see the Goldson highlights to see if he is as good as his contract demands.
Originally posted by kush: That Alex Smith video is some inspirational s**t, keep up the good work bro!
Originally posted by JoeisGod: Love the epic music.
Originally posted by candlestick49er: Great job, keep it up!
Originally posted by NinersEverywhere: Wow, thanks for the videos, great job!!
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Thanks much for putting these together. They're awesome.
As for the music, I like it. I hate when people put cheesy ass rap/rock songs to the clips. It completely detracts from the footage. Who the hell wants to listen to some corny Seether songs or Wiz Khalifa at all, let alone when you're trying to enjoy some Niners footage.
The only better option would be to go with straight up audio/commentary from the games themselves, but as I saw you commented on youtube, it was too difficult to edit together quality-wise. Well done!

Hey webzone fam been away but wanted to reply to some comments but first let me thank all of you guys, and everyone that commented before about liking the videos you all make my day and are awesome! Go Niners!

Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:

The interception was definitely not a highlight that's why I didn't include it, however I believe he showed great athleticism in escaping Darnell Docket so that's why I chose to show it. Frankly, I am surprised you haven't called me out on it, unless you haven't seen the Colin Kaepernick that's like a third of the highlights but I wanted to show his athleticism in escaping a defender regardless if another caught him, or the Crabtree video against the bengals the touchdown didn't count but it was a tremendously athletic play and Im going to keep incorporating similar plays in future videos.

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
GOLDSON please. The end of June is perfect time to see big hits as the slow season passes

I am on the editing part of his video and it will be posted by Thursday or maybe earlier, slight chance it may be posted tonight.

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Kendall Hunter please
Originally posted by sfout:
Tarell Brown should get some highlight treatment as well.

Both of them are going to be able to be voted on, in the next set of votes after I make the Vernon Davis and Frank Gore highlights but I will definitely get to both. Tarell Brown actually had a large amount of highlight worthy plays and Kendall had almost as many as Frank Gore!
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
Loading up the Dashon Goldson Video now, will work on Frank Gore's/Gire's video next
Share 49ersWebzone