There are 211 users in the forums

how will niners use lamichael james?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
james was great at oregon running out of a spread offense...

so will the niners run a multi receiver spread offense when they put james in the game, or will they make him adjust to playing out of more traditional ground oriented formations (or a little of both)

with the added depth at receiver I can see james lining up alot in a single set, with moss, manningham crabtree and jnekins or davs lined up wide
Prob as a running back
we're going to use him as an instrument of rape against the tender orifices of opposing defenses.
i see them using him in many different formations. when a player has the athletic instincts and skills that james has he can do anything you want him to do. his cutback ability and change of direction is one of the fastest ive ever seen.almost like barry sanders except james usually doesnt run backwards lol. i think theyll line him up all over the field. wildcat, single back, split back, spread out wide. sky is the limit for this kid
I have posted this in many threads, but essentially I believe la Michael is going to play wingback, at first on 3rd down packages. I see AJ split wide left, and La Michael split wide right of alex. Ball is snapped, instant look at AJ, then slot guy(Mario/ crbtre), and then if covered, a quick shovel or pass to La Michael, who turns the essential lateral into a 3rd down run for the first down. Also expect to see him in on every play in RZ. Our weak link is no secret, it is 3rd down and RZ. LaMichael and Aj are the answer, and if AJ doesn't sign, then it is Moss split wide, and La Michael split wide rt of alex. Obviously, the reads are going to have to be lightening fast. And if open at choice #1, pass goes there. If open at choice #2, pass goes there. If neither open it goes to La michael for his YAC and breaking tackles for first down. Actually I see him used on 1st down also, exactly the same way. Vernon will be used when opposition D starts keying on L wideout, L slot, and LaMichael. Then the 40 yrder to vernon...maybe more if lucky.

Sure LaMichael has lots of tape of him running between the tackles. But that was college. Up here, I just don't see him running between the tackles. Of course I said the same thing about Reggie bush, and for first few yrs I was right. NOw in miami, he runs everywhere.

Incidentally, i am delighted to see this thread.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 28, 2012 at 3:34 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HoRneR:
Prob as a running back

no
I dont think Harbaugh puts him on the field unless he shows he can run the ball. Dont want to become more predictable
Will use James to make the defense quit late in the game.
Originally posted by HoRneR:
Prob as a running back

• Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
we're going to use him as an instrument of rape against the tender orifices of opposing defenses.

excellent use of the english language to visually describe the events to unfold

i think we will probably use him as a slot receiver alot
on 3rd downs and passing situations
I can see him gonig in motion a lot at the descretion of Alex Smith and the defensive formation Smith sees.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 28, 2012 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i see them using him in many different formations. when a player has the athletic instincts and skills that james has he can do anything you want him to do. his cutback ability and change of direction is one of the fastest ive ever seen.almost like barry sanders except james usually doesnt run backwards lol. i think theyll line him up all over the field. wildcat, single back, split back, spread out wide. sky is the limit for this kid

Agree
Like Marshall Faulk and Reggie Bush were used.
Share 49ersWebzone