There are 127 users in the forums

Bold Camp Battle Predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Anybody have bold camp battle predictions that they'd like to share? I'll throw a couple out there for conversation:

1. Perrish Cox wins the starting CB job away from Tarell Brown, Brown gets bumped to nickel, Culliver to dime. Ed Donatell was Cox's coach in Denver and the two have a close relationship, He and Coach Harbaugh have a good relationship, and Cox was being groomed to replace Champ Bailey in Denver during his rookie year.

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-2/Perrish-Cox-Welcomed-with-Open-Arms/29226538-e5e3-47f3-ba2b-cef3bd91afa8

2. Brandon Jacobs gets cut, Boobie Dixon makes the team and we carry 4 running backs. Dixon gets motivated by the competition and he can play ST well.

3. all 6 WRs make the team. Williams avoids getting the axe. Moss looks great in camp.

Bold Predictions indeed.
I, In no way shape or form, see Dixon or Williams making the Cut.

- Dixon has done next to nothing for us Besides wave that flag around during Pre-Game warmups.
- Williams, Yeah well that speaks for itself, he's destined to be cut.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
- Jacobs will make the team.

- Cox makes the team and jumps Brock on the depth chart as CB #4 and Ginn #1 back-up. Brock makes the team though.

- The final four roster spots will come down to a special teams battle between Tavares Gooden, Colin Jones, Trent Robinson, Darius Fleming, Cam Johnson, Kyle Williams, Anthony Dixon and Rock Cartwright. Four from this group won't make the team.

Let's see....
- Jones Gone
- Robinson Gone
- Williams Gone
- Dixon Gone.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Dix and Cox will get cut

circumcised?
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
I've yet to understand the reasoning behind trying to predict what will happen in the future, whether it's with a sports team or anything else. Predict the draft, predict camp battles, predict win/loss record, predict playoff potential, etc. What's the point? None if it has any relevance on what actually happens and seems like a complete waste of time and mental energy to me.

Then cancel your account and stop posting

Agreed. Go away.

You're a poo-poo head...

NO, YOU'RE a poo-poo head...

Waste of time? YES! Do i need my time wasted? Sure!

Bold Predictions? We bundle Frank Gore and Kyle Williams to Dallas for Demarcus Ware. Oh, and Alex Smith still can't hit WR's in stride...
No way the team keeps both 6 WRs and 5 TEs, especially if that means having to get rid of good prospective OLmen. Maybe the team keeps 6 WRs though I believe there is a fairly good chance Williams gets cut.

Dixon is gone. Norris is gone. Cox will make the team but I doubt he will be elevated into a starting role.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by cciowa:
this
if it does, it will not be for the reason you want it to be

If Eddie D still owned the team he would have cut him right after the game.
If my aunt had whiskers she would be my uncle.
Originally posted by JayDAche:

- Cox makes the team and jumps Brock on the depth chart as CB #4 and Ginn #1 back-up. Brock makes the team though.

- The final four roster spots will come down to a special teams battle between Tavares Gooden, Colin Jones, Trent Robinson, Darius Fleming, Cam Johnson, Kyle Williams, Anthony Dixon and Rock Cartwright. Four from this group won't make the team.

Let's see....
- Jones Gone
- Robinson Gone
- Williams Gone
- Dixon Gone.
If it comes down to this, then I agree.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Kyle Williams will get cut.

fact

this

I can't tell you how upset I was at KW for what happened during the Giants game.... I still cannot think about it at times... That being said... I hate to admit it but I really think he's going to come out trying to prove a point and make up for what happened. If so it's going to be hard for guys like me to admit he deserves a spot on the team.
Seems like there were 1 or 2 fights in camp every year. Not sure if Harbaugh would let that news out this year.
Owusu bumps Kyle "fumbles" Williams off the team & leaps ahead of Jenkins on the depth chart.

If this kid can stay healthy he is the real deal, he's got the vision, the crisp route running ability, deceptive speed, incredible change of direction & change of pace, his ball skills are also very impressive. When I watch Owusu on tape he reminds me of jerry rice, he catches everything & is a complete receiver.

Bold prediction...

Nick Bradley creates more new threads in 2012 than any other Zoner.
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by JayDAche:

Let's see....
- Jones Gone
- Robinson Gone
- Williams Gone
- Dixon Gone.
If it comes down to this, then I agree.

Jones or Robinson would need to make it otherwise we'd only have three safeties on the roster in my scenario. I say Dixon AND Cartwright will miss the boat, and Fleming or Johnson will make Gooden expendable. Then it comes down to Kyle Williams or decide which remaining young DB or OLB we can get safely through waivers to the practice squad.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Bold prediction...

Bold would be if he doesn't.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:
KW wont ever return kicks again. But he is a better WR than Ginn. And there are plenty of guys on our roster capable of effectively returning kicks (James, Jenkins, Cox, Hunter). They just need to practice as return guys starting now. Problem with KW, he was just thrown into it (with a concussion) when Ginn got hurt. Ginn is replaceable!

I would just like to add a couple things:

1) To the bold: It was also raining.

2) Ginn is not easily replaceable.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Bold prediction...

Bold would be if he doesn't.

He put the prediction in bold type.
Share 49ersWebzone