LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 424 users in the forums

Anyone ever sent anything to 49ers HQ to get autographed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Went to training camp in 2010 with some family.

Got to see players up close but no autographs.Little cousin cryed when Patrick Willis passed him up for an autograph, but ended up getting Goldsons autograph on a 49ers "#1" foam hand.

Pretty fun day.

Also bought myself a 49ers straw hat for 28 bucks

Perfect for the summer

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Apr 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
So how did you become a Niner fan living in Iowa ?
well back then in 1970 when i first got interested in football at age ten, all my stupid iowa friends were fans of the vikings so when i went looking for a favorite team, i thought the niners had cool colors and I liked the name so that is what i picked. Plus the football trading card pictures of vic washington, gene washington and cedrick hardman just looked cool!! for a few years i had two favorite teams with the niners and cardinals but then realized at a young age that you have one fav team and then you hate everyone else.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
well back then in 1970 when i first got interested in football at age ten, all my stupid iowa friends were fans of the vikings so when i went looking for a favorite team, i thought the niners had cool colors and I liked the name so that is what i picked. Plus the football trading card pictures of vic washington, gene washington and cedrick hardman just looked cool!! for a few years i had two favorite teams with the niners and cardinals but then realized at a young age that you have one fav team and then you hate everyone else.

I also became interested in football around the age of 8 or 9 and I just happened to be watching the niners play on TV and they were just destroying the saints. Ever since then I think it was 87 season I have tried to watch every game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I also became interested in football around the age of 8 or 9 and I just happened to be watching the niners play on TV and they were just destroying the saints. Ever since then I think it was 87 season I have tried to watch every game.
the 87 season,, was that the year we got ripped off bad bad in washington in the playoffs on some horrid horrid pass interference calls against our guys??
in 1973 i sent a letter to the niners saying how much of a fan i was at age 13, They sent me a very nice color team picture , (I gave it my daughter a few years back cuz she is a huge fan at age 25, she freaked out when she saw steve spurrier cuz she hates him). they sent me two nice stickers and a banner.The banner colors were red and yellow!Not sure if you can get that type of response nowadays but for a stupid 13 year old in iowa, it was a pretty big deal

WOW

You are really old.

LOL
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
the 87 season,, was that the year we got ripped off bad bad in washington in the playoffs on some horrid horrid pass interference calls against our guys??

another reason I became a 49ers fan is because my older brother is a raider fan.
You need a new brother

1987 was the year we were stunned by the Vikings in the playoffs.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Apr 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

1987 was the year we were stunned by the Vikings in the playoffs.

Worst feeling ever because that was a super bowl team.
This was a really great story from a few days ago: a kid in elementary school gathered donations from his classmates for the new stadium and sent a letter to the 49ers telling them he felt sorry about how the season ended. A couple days later Bruce Miller shows up with a few surprises -

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Bruce-Miller-Visits-St-Johns-School/094970ff-87c6-47c2-ad66-59c07f22cce2

Im somewhere in the middle of that.
My youjngest daughter grew up in the steve young era, the oldest in the joe montana era so it used to be and still can be quite the civil war! with interstate 35 in iowa being the mason dixon line since they live on opposite sides of it now!

There are alot of US here in Iowa. Run into them all the time. What they (the Iowans) can't figure out is how a kid from Wisconsin became a Niners fan (moved here in 2009). Just shows ya Niner Nation is everywhere!

We got our season tickets in 1978. Do they still send out Christmas cards to season ticket holders. We sold our in 1995 because we moved to far away to go to any games.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastie:
We got our season tickets in 1978. Do they still send out Christmas cards to season ticket holders. We sold our in 1995 because we moved to far away to go to any games.
1978 was probably not a good year to go the games, I guess you could say you saw oj simpson
Originally posted by 49erFanInTX83:
Hello there. I proudly got my 49ers Sports Illustrated issue (the one with the offense lined up, ready to wreak havoc, ) during the playoffs and was so hoping to get it signed after we won our 6th Lombardi trophy this past year (I know I'm opening up closing wounds). My main intention in getting it was to get it signed by everyone on the cover and frame it up (I'm still VERY proud of my team). So seeing as how we signed Alex (a long time ago, I know), I am thinking about Fed-Exing it to them or something, but I don't know if they would do it...?

Anyone ever done this at any point (be it in the 80s or 90s, when we were more relevant) with any success?

Burn that f**ker, ruined our mojo
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Cowboyhtr24:
when I was in the 5th grade I wrote to Jerry Rice. I asked for an auto graph pocure of him catching a ball during a game. I was surprised when I received it in the mail!!!!! This was back around 94-95 and I don't remember to what address I sent it to. But it worked!!!!

You sure it wasn't a copy? As a 10-11 year old back in maybe 95-96 I sent in a Jerry Rice football card to get auto'd and I got a black and white photo that was a copy of an autograph that was like a 5x7. Don't remember even getting the card back. Still, I kept it and the envelope it came in for a long long time. Haven't wrote since then.... not sure how it is now

Think this is the card I sent in...

I agree, the only way to be sure it isn't a copy is to get it in person. Now I respect that that isn't an option for everyone, and often times you just run into those guys on chance encounters. Still if you can that is the only way to go.

P.S. Love that card. I actually still have that one somewhere in my garage.
Share 49ersWebzone