LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 225 users in the forums

Better to be a hyped super bowl contender or to be underrated and not talked about?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
saw this on reddit, thought it was a good question. thoughts? for me, i would go with underrated and disrespected. it makes the team more dangerous
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Harbaugh would definitely say the latter.
It feels better to be underdogs
i recently saw nfl network's "review of the season" hardly any niners footage. first i was angry. but when i thought bout it, that's good. now we have a pissed off team led by a disrespected alex smith and with a hungry moss
You always want to be the Q-ship.
It felt like s**t not winning it in 92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 98, so it's better to be underrated
and what about 90.. the fumble heard round the world
Originally posted by matthewabbit:

I forgot to add that, 87, and 83
> that overhyped, overexposed dallas team that don't win s**t
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by matthewabbit:

I forgot to add that, 87, and 83

just stop it, stop it! too many bad memories! lol

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
> that overhyped, overexposed dallas team that don't win s**t
this
Originally posted by vaden:
Harbaugh would definitely say the latter.

this and i would have to agree
The most important thing is that it dosent go to our heads. Nfl games are won and lost by slight margins and duplicating our magic from last year will be harder now that teams will be gunning for us and reviewing that much more film. its now a feather in sombodys cap to say we beat the niners (or even better a scored a rushing touchdown) so we can expect it to be harder going for sure( not to mention the hard schedule!). All in all i just hope we can stay humble as a unit and i believe that we will continue to not only succeed but handle it well .. this is how legends are made and if we can duplicate or surpass last years performance then our team and its superstars will be forever that...
As a fan how in the hell can you like being the underdogs better? Do you guys not love watching the 49ers on sportscenter? Talk s**t to Raider fans? etc?
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM ]
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone