There are 247 users in the forums

If You Were Smith.........

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
you know Peyton is listed at 6'-5" and Alex has always been listed at 6'-4"......but it sure as hell doesn't seem like it in that pic even if you consider that Alex is slouching a bit.

also, Shaun Hill was listed as 6'-3" but looked taller than Alex in some side by side pics....weird.

edit- maybe Peyton is really 6"-7"

Camera perspective. Manning was closer to the camera than Smith.
no, I took that into consideration....but look at Peyton's right shoulder, it is behind or aligned with Alex's left shoulder...there is a huge difference....and yes yes I know Peyton has higher shoulder pads in this pic, it shouldn't be that big of a difference though.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM ]
you know Peyton is listed at 6'-5" and Alex has always been listed at 6'-4"......but it sure as hell doesn't seem like it in that pic even if you consider that Alex is slouching a bit.

also, Shaun Hill was listed as 6'-3" but looked taller than Alex in some side by side pics....weird.

no, I took that into consideration....but look at Peyton's right shoulder, it is behind or aligned with Alex's left shoulder...there is a huge difference....and yes yes I know Peyton has higher shoulder pads in this pic, it shouldn't be that big of a difference though.

Come on Haterz.. it is obviously pad shelf level. Peyton customized his higher in the madden create-a-player screen.
C

Because I know I need Jim Harbaugh
Havent read through this at all........

But if I am Smith I sign the contract that is on the table yesterday. I will not get a better offer from another team. And if I somehow managed to get another team to overpay me, I know it wont be a good team that did so.

3 years is more than generous. I have had one good season in my 7 year career. I think the offer is more than fair.

who cares. if you guys arent invested in Alex id rather not even debate your opnions. He will be the man.
Why not make it 3 smith threads.

Anyway, if I'm Smith, I'm definitly not holding out.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM ]
I'd sign whatever i can to stay with the super bowl bound 49ers.
As good as Harbaugh is, I think he would learn a ton from Manning that he could keep building on after Manning would leave...... That's if Manning would sign here!
If I were Alex I would sign with the skins, so I could keep dumping the ball off to Morgan!
...hold out for a night with JH's wife

I would sign the ph**king contract. The 49ers WILL move on without him. You don't think Kyle Orton or Matt Flynn would jump on the next flight
to SFO if the 49ers called. And trust me Flynn and Orton can easily do what Alex did last season.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Havent read through this at all........

But if I am Smith I sign the contract that is on the table yesterday. I will not get a better offer from another team. And if I somehow managed to get another team to overpay me, I know it wont be a good team that did so.

3 years is more than generous. I have had one good season in my 7 year career. I think the offer is more than fair.

One pundit explained it fairly clearly this evening by saying the the NFL exec group think is that Smith is not very good, and that while this may be dated thinking it will continue to be the general concensus until he plays well for several years to show a consistent ability to do so.

But fair has little to do with contracts in the NFL. Morgan's contract with Washington should push all WR contracts through the roof. Flynn's eventual contract may exceed Smith's even though he has had two games to show his wares. Once Manning signs there will be a number of desperate teams.

So it all comes down to perception of players ability (accurate or not) and perceived need--often out of desperation. This same pundit said that the smart teams do what the 9ers did last year, picking up some needed FAs below the hysterical level and building through the draft. NE, GB and Pittsburg were listed as being well run in this regard.

I hope Smith signs because the team is so close to being a championship team that nothing should be allowed to screw up the upward curve.
I would leave cause our fans are ungrateful. still talking trash.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
and suddenly alex is taller

Originally posted by THEB:
and suddenly alex is taller

Wow! Look how much bigger Smith's shoulders are! Can't be camera angle because they are standing on the line almost even, and Smith's hands are much bigger too...and...
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 14, 2012 at 6:03 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone