LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 246 users in the forums

Aldon Smith got a dui doe

Shop Find 49ers gear online
doe?
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Make enough laws and you create a nation of criminals. Just because he was busted for DUI doesn't mean anything. Thug cops are being trained to presume everyone is guilty of something rather than that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. These pigs (and I am referring specifically to those uniformed outlaws that violate the constitution and the rights of citizens) arrest people in order to make their quotas; not because the arrested person is a danger to anyone.

I'll bet Aldon was a bit tipsy but did something stupid that called attention to him by one of these thug cops.

It amazes me that "sports fans" (and I use the term loosely) are ready to condemn Aldon Smith for getting arrested., He is a football player. What he does in his private life is not relevant to that (as long as he doesn't become a serial killer or something similar).

Furthermore, none of you have any way of knowing if this is Aldon's fault or the thug cop's fault. None of you know if Aldon really did something worthy of arrest, or if some pig thug cop is just adding a notch to his quota book.

I agree with this. You don't need to have drank much at all to technically be subject to a charge of DUI. We don't know the circumstances of how Aldon was arrested. I've seen too many cases where people are bogusly charged with DUI because the cop decides to pull someone over for something silly and decides to add that charge. We don't know why Aldon was pulled over. He could have been pulled over because the police officer didn't like what he looked like or where he was coming out of, and when he saw he may have had a drink he decides to charge him with DUI.

It is clear neither of you have a clue what you're talking about. First off not all cops are thugs and pigs. And cops can't just ADD a DUI charge because he feels like it. If you knew how they're trained and how it works you'd know that. If you're over the limit, you're over the limit end of discussion. If Aldon submitted to the field sobriety tests and the officer deemed he was not under the influence, then Aldon walks. There are many things officers take into account I won't get into. But maybe you should know what you're talking about before jumping to conclusions. Aldon made a mistake, and as a lifelong 49er fan it's disappointing to see, but don't go blaming the officers. He's lucky he didn't injure or kill someone, then he'd be facing felony charges as opposed to a misdemeanor

LOL at "thug cop."

U mad at the man son?
Originally posted by spizzy:
" 49ers OLB Aldon Smith's blood-alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit when he was arrested for DUI on Miami Beach Saturday morning.

Smith's first BAC test showed .194, and the second .176. The Florida legal limit is .08. Police observed Smith "swerving in and out of lanes" before pulling him over at 4:33AM. Other drivers were forced to "break abruptly" to avoid a collision. Smith is likely facing at least a one-game NFL suspension. "

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/01/smith-was-swerving-before-his-dui-arrest.html

Ah, I just read the article you posted. Unless I am blind the statement

"Smith is likely facing at least a one-game NFL suspension." is not mentioned. Did you decide to take journalistic liberty and add that part in?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
" 49ers OLB Aldon Smith's blood-alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit when he was arrested for DUI on Miami Beach Saturday morning.

Smith's first BAC test showed .194, and the second .176. The Florida legal limit is .08. Police observed Smith "swerving in and out of lanes" before pulling him over at 4:33AM. Other drivers were forced to "break abruptly" to avoid a collision. Smith is likely facing at least a one-game NFL suspension. "

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/01/smith-was-swerving-before-his-dui-arrest.html

"Smith is likely facing at least a one-game NFL suspension." is not mentioned. Did you decide to take journalistic liberty and add that part in?
Yeah Smith was also arrested with a katana
One game suspension
Is it just me or was the NFL players really doing some hazing over the pro bowl weekend?

Aldon probably got some free shots and Cam was getting the non gentleman treatment.
Is it too soon, lol?

still don't get why pro athletes need to drive when they know they're going to party? They can afford to hire a driver without losing street cred and still look pimp.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
still don't get why pro athletes need to drive when they know they're going to party? They can afford to hire a driver without losing street cred and still look pimp.

that involves thinking
You guys are overreacting. He's 22. The first time in his life he is a multi millionaire. The first time he had a lot of time off with that money. And probably his first time to south beach on vacation too. Could happen easily. He will learn from it and grow up.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Yeah Smith was also arrested with a katana

lol
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Make enough laws and you create a nation of criminals. Just because he was busted for DUI doesn't mean anything. Thug cops are being trained to presume everyone is guilty of something rather than that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. These pigs (and I am referring specifically to those uniformed outlaws that violate the constitution and the rights of citizens) arrest people in order to make their quotas; not because the arrested person is a danger to anyone.

I'll bet Aldon was a bit tipsy but did something stupid that called attention to him by one of these thug cops.

It amazes me that "sports fans" (and I use the term loosely) are ready to condemn Aldon Smith for getting arrested., He is a football player. What he does in his private life is not relevant to that (as long as he doesn't become a serial killer or something similar).

Furthermore, none of you have any way of knowing if this is Aldon's fault or the thug cop's fault. None of you know if Aldon really did something worthy of arrest, or if some pig thug cop is just adding a notch to his quota book.

I agree with this. You don't need to have drank much at all to technically be subject to a charge of DUI. We don't know the circumstances of how Aldon was arrested. I've seen too many cases where people are bogusly charged with DUI because the cop decides to pull someone over for something silly and decides to add that charge. We don't know why Aldon was pulled over. He could have been pulled over because the police officer didn't like what he looked like or where he was coming out of, and when he saw he may have had a drink he decides to charge him with DUI.

It is clear neither of you have a clue what you're talking about. First off not all cops are thugs and pigs. And cops can't just ADD a DUI charge because he feels like it. If you knew how they're trained and how it works you'd know that. If you're over the limit, you're over the limit end of discussion. If Aldon submitted to the field sobriety tests and the officer deemed he was not under the influence, then Aldon walks. There are many things officers take into account I won't get into. But maybe you should know what you're talking about before jumping to conclusions. Aldon made a mistake, and as a lifelong 49er fan it's disappointing to see, but don't go blaming the officers. He's lucky he didn't injure or kill someone, then he'd be facing felony charges as opposed to a misdemeanor

LOL at "thug cop."

U mad at the man son?

Lol sounds like someone contested a ticket in court and lost. I guess Aldon blowing a .17 and a .19 is the "thug" cops fault. Smh.
[ Edited by sacninesixteen on Jan 31, 2012 at 3:39 AM ]

This is pathetic...

Don't drink if you're going to drive.

Boy, that's soooo complicated. Thousands upon thousands of studies have been done on driving under the influence and it's dangerous, regardless of how much you THINK you're fine.

Go pitch a tent beside those lazy bums occupying wall street.

You're probably a "less government" person, too. That mentality is exactly what caused a recession. Thanks US
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he's just a stupid kid, like most of us were at that age. I don't know anyone who hasn't drivin at least buzzed once in their life. Most do it on a regular basis until something happens or you grow out of that phase. He has all that money and can't hire a cab? Even a limo is chump change for him. Glad he didn't crash into someone.
The kids paid to play football, not be a role model right?
Share 49ersWebzone