LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 201 users in the forums

Bigger In-Division 2012 Threat: Airzona or Seattle?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Bigger In-Division 2012 Threat: Airzona or Seattle?

• okdkid
  • Veteran
The team that signs Peyton Manning will be worse off for it. Yeah, I said it.
Both ARI and SEA will be strong next year because of their Defenses. SEA more-so due to their run-game and they began to mirror the 49ers philosophy. HOWEVER, Carroll is going to get old quick as he did when he coached the Jets.

I think both these teams win at least 8 next year.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Seattle cuz they're gonna pick up Manning.
Originally posted by okdkid:

This. it just wont work out, he could be hurt still, could take a hit and be gone forever, new system, new players, rust from not playing a year, and so on and so forth, i dont see many or any positives in it besides maybe some more ticket sales for the 1 game he plays. also lets not forget how rusty he was that 1 year where he had his bursa sac removed in his knee just before the year, he was rusty as hell the first 4 or 5 games
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jan 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

This. it just wont work out, he could be hurt still, could take a hit and be gone forever, new system, new players, rust from not playing a year, and so on and so forth, i dont see many or any positives in it besides maybe some more ticket sales for the 1 game he plays. also lets not forget how rusty he was that 1 year where he had his bursa sac removed in his knee just before the year, he was rusty as hell the first 4 or 5 games

Too many people think this is 2005. Peyton Manning physically cannot be the Peyton Manning of old. He is a 37 year old QB with a fused spinal column walking into a brand new offense for the first time in his career.

There is FAR too much risk to simply give it a try and find out. I hope the Cardinals get him. Implosion.

Too many people think this is 2005. Peyton Manning physically cannot be the Peyton Manning of old. He is a 37 year old QB with a fused spinal column walking into a brand new offense for the first time in his career.

There is FAR too much risk to simply give it a try and find out. I hope the Cardinals get him. Implosion.

Idk how they can financially pull it off, even if they wanted too. They owe Kolb 21M in guaranteed money (I think, please correct me if that's not the case). I just can't see them trading for manning (probably 2 1st rounders). They aren't that dumb, I think.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Idk how they can financially pull it off, even if they wanted too. They owe Kolb 21M in guaranteed money (I think, please correct me if that's not the case). I just can't see them trading for manning (probably 2 1st rounders). They aren't that dumb, I think.

peyton manning wont be traded, he'll be cut and signed as a FA if he leaves indy
peyton manning wont be traded, he'll be cut and signed as a FA if he leaves indy

Why would Indy let him walk? What am I missing? They can get a king's ransom for him/
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Why would Indy let him walk? What am I missing? They can get a king's ransom for him/

Because they owe him a $28MM bonus in March. That is far too much money for a QB who may never play to his former level again, let alone even play another snap.

Any team that would trade for him would have to pay him that bonus. Nobody will do that with so much unknown about his health.

So, the Colts have to cut him to avoid paying the bonus. Trade isn't a practical option.

Because they owe him a $28MM bonus in March. That is far too much money for a QB who may never play to his former level again, let alone even play another snap.

Any team that would trade for him would have to pay him that bonus. Nobody will do that with so much unknown about his health.

So, the Colts have to cut him to avoid paying the bonus. Trade isn't a practical option.

Good call, thnx. You're right, the trade doesn't make sense (unless the Redskins do it).

Hands down the Seachickens... The Cardinals have a good coaching staff and a very good core players. They still need some pieces to fill in but that is just a few, and trust me that could be this off season. Out of the Rivals in the West the Seahawks draw more wounds then the Cards and the Rams.

Red and Gold
Share 49ersWebzone