There are 142 users in the forums

Goodwin don't take no s**t

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by English:
Best interior line we have had since ........ when?

Early 2000 with Brown, Newberry and fiore (sp)

Three great names. Fiore.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I heard on this board Goodwin was a bottom 5 center.

Good Win.

He was bottom 5 last year. Turns out that most of his suck was in large part due to terrible RG play though... glad to say.

Not in my opinion.

I think at worst he was the middle of the pack. If he was a bottom 5 center that means he would have been replaced...Like we replaced Chilo and Snyder, who were both actually bottom 5.

Goodwin was a pro bowler in his career and helped paved the way for Gore's 1200 yards... To say he was bottom 5 last year is insulting and baseless.

"Bottom 5" means he should be out of the league soon.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM ]
I heard on this board Goodwin was a bottom 5 center.

Good Win.

He was bottom 5 last year. Turns out that most of his suck was in large part due to terrible RG play though... glad to say.

Not in my opinion.

I think at worst he was the middle of the pack. If he was a bottom 5 center that means he would have been replaced...Like we replaced Chilo and Snyder, who were both actually bottom 5.

Goodwin was a pro bowler in his career and helped paved the way for Gore's 1200 yards... To say he was bottom 5 last year is insulting and baseless.

"Bottom 5" means he should be out of the league soon.

I also didn't feel he was bad enough to call a bottom 5 C last year... bottom 10, yeah. Bottom 5 was a grade from PFF.. who also had Snyder as IIRC a bottom 3 G. Point is.. Goodwin was not a good C last year, but as it turns out, much of his crap play was due to the weakness at RG. No need to get all bent outta shape or contentious over semantics of it.
I also didn't feel he was bad enough to call a bottom 5 C last year... bottom 10, yeah. Bottom 5 was a grade from PFF.. who also had Snyder as IIRC a bottom 3 G. Point is.. Goodwin was not a good C last year, but as it turns out, much of his crap play was due to the weakness at RG. No need to get all bent outta shape or contentious over semantics of it.

There were many plays last year where a blitzer came untouched between Goodwin and Rachal/Snyder for a sack. Neither lineman was tied up with a block and yet did not even react to the blitz. We knew it was likely due to the RG but a veteran center allowing guys to brush by his right shoulder with out a hint of a block?

So, he has a year under his belt in the system and has a better RG next to him and he is looking good! Happy to have been wrong about him...if he continues to play well.
Share 49ersWebzone