LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 183 users in the forums

2012 NFC Divisional Game vs. New Orleans Saints Gameday Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How many points do we allow at home again? Wasn't it like 8 points a game or something like that?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
yeah, you were really brilliant to predict the completely obvious matchup.

Really genius??? Well did you point it out bc when I did many said hey buddy one game at a time the miners may not get the bye week. Sorry truth hurts don't it. If it was so obvious then A LOT more people would of agreed instead of questioned it. Good night now Chrissy Everett
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
the Saints ran the ball 36 Times tonight so......

Because they knew the detroit run D sucks. Everyone knows the niner run D is #1 in the league so the Saints will throw probably 80% of the time. Gotta be ready for those 3rd and 5's and 3rd and 2's to be passes.

isnt their run game 6th in the league?
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I think they kick our ass
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
They are one dimensional. The 9ers defense need to concentrate on stopping the pass because there is no way in hell they will be able to do anything on the ground against the 9ers run defense.

Not worried about the run game but I am about their screen game. We sometimes have breakdowns in covering screens and the Saints excel in that.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:
whoopin that ass since the beginning of time!

That was awesome. In conclusion, f**k the saints
10.875 is the ppg we allow at home
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on Jan 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM ]
The Cure For The Common Drew?
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
isnt their run game 6th in the league?

I don't see their RB's doing much in the run game, but the passing game could be a different story.

I'm just glad we're playing this game at a "sold out" candlestick. I just hope the majority of the fans are Niner fans and not Saint fans. Maybe we need to watch some tape on the Seahawk/Saints game in the first round last year.
[ Edited by Baldie on Jan 7, 2012 at 8:52 PM ]
AHAHAH Dr Bill Walsh coming with the medicinal remedies for Brees!!!

I had to see at about a dozen missed tackles by the Lions that bled at least 100 extra yards and multiple 3rd down conversions. Not gonna happen on Saturday.
Originally posted by jcashen87:
AHAHAH Dr Bill Walsh coming with the medicinal remedies for Brees!!!

That's MY prescription!
History lesson for us all: Prior to the 1980s, football was about being BIG, BAD, and STRONG -- WILLING your way to victory through attrition. "SMASHMOUTH" is what they called it. But here came Bill Walsh and the San Francisco 49ers. It was called the "West Coast Offense", short passes and precise, strategic football that made the smashmouth style obsolete, revolutionizing the game.

Today, you see Drew Brees and Matthew Stafford throw for 5,000 yards and 40+ touchdowns in a season -- a "PASSING LEAGUE" is what they call it. And where are the 49ers? Doing the opposite once again, defying conventional football with defense, special teams, and well-timed running.

In the 1980s the 49ers defied the norm and succeeded. It is the year 2012, and I am confident that 49er football has come full circle. I respect the Saints and I don't mean to demean what they are doing. But real tradition resides in San Francisco. Countering the norm is simply what we do, not giving a damn about what's in our way.

Well, if the Niners could succeed at something that the Lions could not do (Suh who?) and hit Brees and keep constant pressure on him, they have a shot. Let's hope for some bad weather next week to mess up the passing game some.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
The Cure For Drew Brees?

Dr. one of the all time best posts ever! If we win this should be on our homepage. In 1984 we killed Marino the best passer ever and in 2011 we put Bree's the best passer to sleep
Share 49ersWebzone