LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Sopoaga

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm really surprised that Sopoaga didn't get serious pro bowl consideration. The nose is by far the most important aspect of run D when you have a 3-4 scheme and we have a LEGENDARY run D, arguably the best ever, and yet they chose Raji instead and Green Bay gets consistently gashed in the run game. I believe they give up nearly 5 yards per carry.
Originally posted by andes14:
I'm really surprised that Sopoaga didn't get serious pro bowl consideration. The nose is by far the most important aspect of run D when you have a 3-4 scheme and we have a LEGENDARY run D, arguably the best ever, and yet they chose Raji instead and Green Bay gets consistently gashed in the run game. I believe they give up nearly 5 yards per carry.

Popularity contest and I agree with you. You know what they say, your pro bowl selection usually comes a year after or a year late.
I agree also, Soap is quite an asset to our D Line, he takes alot of double teams head on, opening spots for our LB's to stop the run or nail the QB.
Most underrated player on the team IMO.
Life without Soap. Can't handle the thought.

Soap!
Franklin wasn't missed at all this year.
Originally posted by ninergold:

Dare I say we actually had a Dline upgrade?

Smith/Soap/McDonald is better than Smith/Franklin/Soap
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by ninergold:

I can't recall who said it, but on the Pro Bowl slection show one of the NFLN analysts said Raji was one of the few undeserving NFC selections.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Dec 31, 2011 at 4:36 PM ]
I don't think he was on the fan ballot. I mean that is a third of the votes. I seem to recall them listing our ends as tackles and not listing our nose. I assumed he was the same type of casualty as Smith.
[ Edited by VA49er on Dec 31, 2011 at 4:31 PM ]

Lets not Forget RJF who has stepped in a couple of timesand did Great.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

That's not risky to say. That would just be saying RayMac>Franklin. But what's shocking is we're even better against the RUN this year. Who'd a thunk RayMac's presence instead of Franklin's would improve us vs. the RUN. Sure everyone and their kitchen sink knew we'd generate more of a pass rush from our d-line, but we all figured there'd be a trade-off with the run and I'm just shocked that that hasn't happened.
[ Edited by andes14 on Dec 31, 2011 at 4:58 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I can't recall who said it, but on the Pro Bowl slection show one of the NFLN analysts said Raji was one of the few undeserving NFC selections.

Urlacher over Bowman is a joke too. I think both NFC inside 'backers going to the pro bowl should be PW and NB for the next decade.
Next year Niners grab both ILB pro bowl spots
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VA49er:
I don't think he was on the fan ballot. I mean that is a third of the votes. I seem to recall them listing our ends as tackles and not listing our nose. I assumed he was the same type of casualty as Smith.

You're correct because they want to consider it a 4-3 scheme for the pro bowl they classify the 3-4 DEs as DTs and only listed Ray Mac and Justin.
Share 49ersWebzone