There are 906 users in the forums
first screen play
- 1 2
Dec 19, 2011 at 10:58 PM
- Antix
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,941
Yo. I know ai t nobody replied but this was one of the plays of the game. Perfectly timed and that my friends was a championship drive. Im very proud of this team
Dec 19, 2011 at 11:05 PM
- Gore_21
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,685
Originally posted by Antix:
Yo. I know ai t nobody replied but this was one of the plays of the game. Perfectly timed and that my friends was a championship drive. Im very proud of this team
Maybe Roman reads these boards because he got his head out of his butt after a month or so of bad calling. He was a lot more creative in the middle of the season and lately was bad. This game was pretty good but maybe too conservative at times... a few plays I didn't like.
Dec 19, 2011 at 11:07 PM
- YungAce
- Veteran
- Posts: 46,920
Only took about 13 weeks to realize that this is the best solution to those various blitzes we've been receiving
Dec 19, 2011 at 11:12 PM
- Gore_21
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,685
Originally posted by YungAce:
Only took about 13 weeks to realize that this is the best solution to those various blitzes we've been receiving
I got mad when I watched roman's press conference after the ravens game. He is a likeable guy but Barrows asked him why they didn't run a screen. He said geez why didn't you call me during the game... I didn't think of that sort of answer. Barrows is like the fans are wondering.... he said we calculate based on how well the defense plays against screens and how well we are doing in developing with the screen game. I am like forget the calculations... it can't be worse than when we run for -2 to -5 yards. Loved the quick throws as well... i know they are just getting into the playbook but at times he is a genius and others he seems so predictable, cautious and just plain dumb/stubborn.
Dec 19, 2011 at 11:15 PM
- TheGoldDiggerrrr
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,073
Originally posted by Gore_21:He's young, i believe this is his first oc job. With a team that hasn't done s**t on offense in the last decade. I'll take it because he's better then jimmy raye.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Only took about 13 weeks to realize that this is the best solution to those various blitzes we've been receiving
I got mad when I watched roman's press conference after the ravens game. He is a likeable guy but Barrows asked him why they didn't run a screen. He said geez why didn't you call me during the game... I didn't think of that sort of answer. Barrows is like the fans are wondering.... he said we calculate based on how well the defense plays against screens and how well we are doing in developing with the screen game. I am like forget the calculations... it can't be worse than when we run for -2 to -5 yards. Loved the quick throws as well... i know they are just getting into the playbook but at times he is a genius and others he seems so predictable, cautious and just plain dumb/stubborn.
Dec 19, 2011 at 11:25 PM
- 49erfrick
- Veteran
- Posts: 37
Finally, Finally!!!! a screen play. I hope Roman calls couple of these every game from now-on.
Dec 19, 2011 at 11:29 PM
- AllTimeGreat
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,094
Screen plays are actually kind of complicated to run successfully due to all the blocking assignments. I remember sooooo many times during the dark ages when we would try to run a screen and it would get blown up for a loss of 5.
Dec 19, 2011 at 11:32 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,434
49ers played perfectly against the blitz tonight. I wish they could have done this against Baltimore and the Cardinals. But later is better than never, hopefully they incorporate more of the screen passes into the offense. That bootleg near the goalline was an absolute thing of beauty, damn that was the perfect playcall at the right time.
Dec 19, 2011 at 11:39 PM
- Gore_21
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,685
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
He's young, i believe this is his first oc job. With a team that hasn't done s**t on offense in the last decade. I'll take it because he's better then jimmy raye.
Yeah, I agree and he's already better than all but Turner since Alex got into the league. Our run O is a lot more creative. I know the lack of offseason hurt and they are doing it on the fly but we have high expectations with that d of ours. Can't have the offense holding us back. I will expect a lot more next year... I just don't like how at times he is brilliant and at others seems like singletary is whispering the plays in his ear.
Dec 20, 2011 at 2:13 AM
- Sjceruti
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,528
We're not breaking our best screens until the playoffs baby
Dec 20, 2011 at 2:17 AM
- zillabeast
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,042
Alex's screen passes scare me. He throws them real low or too wide.
Dec 20, 2011 at 2:18 AM
- jdt84_2
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,988
haha. i was at the game and when i saw it "develop" i screamed OH s**t a screen pass, then jump up as it opens up and works.
Dec 20, 2011 at 2:21 AM
- MiamiNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 952
Originally posted by dtmoney49er:
Congrats to our first screen play in a long time helped us get the touchdown
49ers are saving it for the playoffs
Dec 20, 2011 at 2:48 AM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,352
LOL. Yeah. They usually try to run it into a 9 man box stubbornly. Into a stone wall. Finally some creativeness and yeah you can actually PASS down there. What a concept. The only area on the field I have to question the 49ers coaching staff all season long....
- 1 2