LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 453 users in the forums

Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
God I hope we play in Dallas. I'll be at that game in a heart beat.
If the 49ers, with some help, can somehow manage to get to the 5th seed...then I think this is how it will most likely play out:

Assuming, the good teams win in the wild card round -
Carolina goes to Seattle in the divisional round
49ers go to New Orleans

The wishful thinking continues...

Carolina visits the 49ers at Candlestick.

Stranger things have happened, so let's hope for the best.
@DAL or @DET

not worried about either game
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
That FKN Aints Game BS call on Ahmad and the Panthera game drop by RONALD MCDONALD!! Plus the FKN Seachickens escaping Houston & St Louis with 2 losses shoulda been!!! Think we could easily by 11-2 or 10-3 at worse had we had an AWFUL call not go against us and Ronald McDonald Not drop that pass vs Pantera and the Seachickens getting LUCKY in 2 or 3 of their wins!!!

dafuq you just say?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
my hope is that the final seeding is

1st Seahawks
2nd Saints
3rd Detroit
4th Dallas
5th 49ers
6th Panthers

we play in Dallas (Dome and Romo)
Panthers beat Detroit and goes to Seattle
we get to go to New Orleans (Dome, new offensive approach hopefully Roman )

if Panthers pull out an upset against the Seahawks, we rematch them at home for the Championship game.

or we just go to Seattle break this damn streak.

its realistic though... Seattle at 1, Saints 2, and 9ers 5, Panthers 6.

Saints play the Panthers one more time.

This is the perfect scenario. I don't want to play the Eagles.
It will be 35 degrees in NYC next week. The Giants play well in cold. Maybe they can upset Seattle. Manning would need to play great--no int.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
It will be 35 degrees in NYC next week. The Giants play well in cold. Maybe they can upset Seattle. Manning would need to play great--no int.

be a great time for the s**thawks to go on a losing streak after we brought them down to earth
We're gonna win this thing. All of it! You watch!!
[ Edited by zillabeast on Dec 9, 2013 at 1:19 AM ]
Should tell the nfl that gore is going to retire, they always let the guy going out win the big one, Ray Ray, The Bus to name a few.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Hey folks.

There are still three games left to play.

We need to beat Tampa Bay next week.

Originally posted by buck:
Hey folks.

This is the game on the schedule I'm worried about
Originally posted by xtm059:
Hey folks.

I don't see Tampa getting anything done.

The 49ers are playing such focused football right now. Expect a beatdown similar to that layed upon Washington. Broken spirits. Glennon in a daze. It will be glorious!
  • rum53
  • Veteran
Right now we have a one game lead on Az, Philly, and Dallas all at 8-5. Either Philly or Dallas will win the division. They play each other the last week of the season so its almost guaranteed that one of the two teams will have 6 losses at the end of the season (unless they tie). The Cardinals have to win in Seattle to keep pace. I don't think they can do that. We can afford to lose one more game and still secure the wild card.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Hey folks.

The 49ers are playing such focused football right now. Expect a beatdown similar to that layed upon Washington. Broken spirits. Glennon in a daze. It will be glorious!

Agreed. People are overlooking that our run defense has been nothing short of stellar lately. We shut down Zac Stacy, Alfred Morris, and held Lynch in check. Looks to me like Tampa Bay has Glennon on a pitch count -- he doesn't throw more than 22-25 times a game. They lean on the running game which is pretty good lately, but that's the key.

Keep Rainey in check and we win this one easily.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Hey folks.

Agreed. People are overlooking that our run defense has been nothing short of stellar lately. We shut down Zac Stacy, Alfred Morris, and held Lynch in check. Looks to me like Tampa Bay has Glennon on a pitch count -- he doesn't throw more than 22-25 times a game. They lean on the running game which is pretty good lately, but that's the key.

Keep Rainey in check and we win this one easily.

After holding Marshawn Lynch in check, who has been the most dominant runner against the 49ers over the last 3-4 years, I'm confident we can shut down just about any teams running game, almost 2011 style. Should we finish 12-4 this year, this may truly be the finest job we've seen from Harbaugh because this team has faced A LOT of adversity this season in terms of our injuries, first two game losing streak under this coaching staff, etc.

I think this team is probably going to be looking to put it on Tampa who is on a nice hot streak at the moment. No let downs next week.
Share 49ersWebzone