LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

How many first round picks do we have?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
While I was watching the Ravens game I noticed that a couple of times the announcers kept mentioning that we had various 1st round picks at different positions. So how many do we really have? Doesn't matter which team drafted them. Instead of counting them all I am going to say 9 off the top of my head as a guess. I'll name Vernon Davis first.
[ Edited by bubbleguts on Nov 26, 2011 at 12:56 PM ]
Alex
Braylon
Crabtree
Vernon
Anthony Davis
Joe Staley
Mike Iupati
Ted GInn Jr

Willis
Carlos Rogers
Donte Whitner
Aldon Smith
Justin Smith
[ Edited by ItsKapTime on Nov 26, 2011 at 1:01 PM ]
VD + Alex Smith. Ted Ginn jr. Mike iupati. Anthony Davis. Patrick Willis. Michael Crabtree. Carlos Rogers. Aldon Smith. Joe Staley. Braylon Edwards. Justin Smith. Donte Whitner.

Anyone else?
less than the raiders
There's 4 from the 05 draft
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
Alex
Braylon
Crabtree
Vernon
Anthony Davis
Joe Staley
Mike Iupati
Ted GInn Jr

Willis
Carlos Rogers
Donte Whitner
Aldon Smith
Justin Smith

9 of them are top 10 picks
Announcers often mention where our offensive linemen were drafted. It's pretty much the only evaluation those idiots have.
It shows how important good coaching is. If Singletary couldn't make all those 1st rounders play well then he was really really bad.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:

Which many believe to be one of the worst drafts ever ... Interesting that we've "stockpiled" so many of them.
Its crazy the 49ers have 7 first rounders starting on offense. The patriots have just one I believe and thats Logan Mankins who was the 32nd pick in the draft. And I know they have a handful of undrafted players starting. Just shows you how inexact of a science the draft really is.

Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:

Which many believe to be one of the worst drafts ever ... Interesting that we've "stockpiled" so many of them.

Be fair, we picked the extra guys up cheap and may well lose them after this season.

Hardly stockpiling. So I think your implication is invalid.
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Its crazy the 49ers have 7 first rounders starting on offense. The patriots have just one I believe and thats Logan Mankins who was the 32nd pick in the draft. And I know they have a handful of undrafted players starting. Just shows you how inexact of a science the draft really is.

That's exactly what I was thinking. We sure do have a lot of 1st round picks on Offense. BTW I went to high school with Mankins. Didn't even know it until like 3 months ago when I saw it on facebook on one of my friennd's pages. It's weird cause I lived in Mariposa, Ca. and it is a tiny a$$ town. The high school only had like 700 kids.
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
Alex
Braylon
Crabtree
Vernon
Anthony Davis
Joe Staley
Mike Iupati
Ted GInn Jr

Willis
Carlos Rogers
Donte Whitner
Aldon Smith
Justin Smith

Yep bout sums it up.
Originally posted by bubbleguts:
That's exactly what I was thinking. We sure do have a lot of 1st round picks on Offense. BTW I went to high school with Mankins. Didn't even know it until like 3 months ago when I saw it on facebook on one of my friennd's pages. It's weird cause I lived in Mariposa, Ca. and it is a tiny a$$ town. The high school only had like 700 kids.

Do you know Ryan Guenthart?
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

Originally posted by skeetskeet:

The name sounded familiar but I couldn't think of a face. I looked him up on FB and we have 3 mutual friends. Can't say that I ever talked to him though! I do recognize the face.
Share 49ersWebzone