LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

chop blocks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
while i hate losing the td on that call, we should remember that the lions had a chop block called on them on a somewhat similar play in the game vs niners that helped niners beat them
Ya it is the right call it was a chop block, our own coach even said it was the right call this call did not cost us the game
Was similar to the Lions one, but no... the Ravens one was REALLY pushing the bounds of reason. The Lions one occurred with more actual contact... though it was clearly not intended by the OL. The Ravens one was almost as if they thought Rachal was a Jedi Knight with force push powers.
The call so didn't need to happen. I think 99 times out of 100 that doesn't get called.

In my mind you only make that call when a blocker is engaged above the waist first and THEN a second blocker engages low, not the other way around.

Didn't cost the game but did cost the cover . . .
Tacky call ..I bet the Packer RB's dont get called for that sh*t
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The call so didn't need to happen. I think 99 times out of 100 that doesn't get called.

In my mind you only make that call when a blocker is engaged above the waist first and THEN a second blocker engages low, not the other way around.

Didn't cost the game but did cost the cover . . .

your right 99 times it won't be called because IT IS LEGAL that was not a chop block because the DL came in UNTOUCHED and gore cut him down rachels push, although completely unneeded, was legal. definition for chop block is to hit someone in the legs that is already engaged by a blocker. In more exact terms "An offensive player tries to cut block a defensive player that is already being blocked by another offensive player. The second block may need to be below the thigh or knee, depending on the code." that DID NOT HAPPEN, it is a huge momentum shift and although it is not a complete turn around in the game it is a huge key play
[ Edited by NinerDieHard on Nov 25, 2011 at 10:10 AM ]
Why the hell was Rachal fat ass even over there,He needs to go HEIS THE WEAKEST LINK GOODBYE. I watched Him whenever He is in the game you can bet He screws up quite a bit where it is noticable all the time.....agggh.http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/160729-chop-blocks/#
if coach says it was called correctly......hard to argue with that................thought the interception penalty was much worse..................but the GAME WAS LOST IN THE TRENCHES
Originally posted by wolfman61:
if coach says it was called correctly......hard to argue with that................thought the interception penalty was much worse..................but the GAME WAS LOST IN THE TRENCHES

the PI was in fact much worse should've been OPI IMO. brown was playing the ball and even though torrey smith was looking at the ball he had his arm across brown's chest effectively holding down brown's right arm and brown still comes up with the catch. i will rewatch this game especially the defense and see if my thoughts are exactly true and my memory serves me right but im almost positive i am and yes game was lost in the trenches
Originally posted by wolfman61:

It's easy to argue, but Harbaugh taking the high road and not blasting the refs might gain some equity in a key moment in a future game, and you can't whine after losing to your big brother.

It all goes back to chilo, HES A MORON!!!!! This guy totally should have been cut A LONG @SS TIME AGO!!!!!!!! GO NINERS!!!!
Originally posted by ninercrue666:
It all goes back to chilo, HES A MORON!!!!! This guy totally should have been cut A LONG @SS TIME AGO!!!!!!!! GO NINERS!!!!

even so the block was legal completely legal gore cut him down and chilo engaged him after not during or before
That was not a chop block.
Share 49ersWebzone