LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 301 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't buy that we wanted Kyle from the start. When we hired Kyle, there was a lot of speculation that we were pursuing Josh McDaniels as the first option, but he declined our interview request (thank god).
I give him credit for learning to shut up and stay out of the spot light. I haven't heard a thing from him in months. He's just writing the checks and taking a back seat.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I have a theory that Jed had Kyle in mind from the moment he fired Jim. But Kyle just wasnt ready yet so the org just went with stand ins until Kyle became ready

I share your thoughts also. This makes sense to me, considering all the one year tenures after Harbaugh - up until Kyle.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I have a theory that Jed had Kyle in mind from the moment he fired Jim. But Kyle just wasnt ready yet so the org just went with stand ins until Kyle became ready

I share your thoughts also. This makes sense to me, considering all the one year tenures after Harbaugh - up until Kyle.

1 year tenures on 4 year deals, which resulted in us paying millions to ex-coaches every year.
Originally posted by steiber:
I give him credit for learning to shut up and stay out of the spot light. I haven't heard a thing from him in months. He's just writing the checks and taking a back seat.

You Nailed it!
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
I don't buy that we wanted Kyle from the start. When we hired Kyle, there was a lot of speculation that we were pursuing Josh McDaniels as the first option, but he declined our interview request (thank god).

I think Shanahan was their first choice
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

They wanted Ballard who would have targeted McDaniels (just as he did with the Colts).

It was a mess of a process with a great result. The contracts were a huge indicator.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by steiber:

You Nailed it!

Smart dude. He took his lumps learning the role, figured it out fast, is making bank, and yes, staying out of the limelight. Thank you Jed!
Even through his past mistakes you could never say this guy didn't care about football or about winning. From what I'm hearing about the seattle organization after the Paul Allen passing, you can't say the same thing about those who inherited that franchise.
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Jan 13, 2024 at 10:13 AM ]
Even through his past mistakes you could never say this guy didn't care about football or about winning. From what I'm hearing about the seattle organization after the Paul Allen passing, you can't say the same thing about those who inherited that franchise.

Agree. Can't wait till he hoists that Lombardi.

"Jed York, 49ers will fly out entire organization for Super Bowl 58"

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/177796-york-49ers-entire-organization-super/

Nice work, Jedidiah.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 1, 2024 at 4:34 PM ]
Jed has matured a lot since the Harbaugh situation. He was young when he took over the team, he needed a reset from his mistakes. The way he supports this regime speaks volumes. Proud of this franchise!
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Jed has matured a lot since the Harbaugh situation. He was young when he took over the team, he needed a reset from his mistakes. The way he supports this regime speaks volumes. Proud of this franchise!
what did he actually do that was different ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
what did he actually do that was different ?

His hair looks more legit now

Yup. I think Denise had a talk with him about being more professional and avoid being in the limelight like Jerry Jones is.
Share 49ersWebzone