New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
For all of you that hate Jed's guts, fair enough. But just think how worse it could be. We could have Jerry jones as an owner, trying to play GM with no clue wtf he's doing, and just traded a 1st round draft pick for Amari Cooper. lol

Jerry Jones won 3 Super Bowls and has one of the best stadiums ever created. Can you say the same about the Yorks?

Jimmy Johnson built the team that won those 3 Super Bowls. Jerry has done nothing but run that team into the ground since then. They have a total of 1 playoff win since then. As for the stadium, it definitely looks nice. Too bad there is zero home field advantage, as it is always liked with opposing fans and out of towners, and everybody is staring at the big screen instead of at the field. I can watch TV at home. lol

According tot he guys who know it all on the WZ the owner is always responsible if you succeed. Indeed "it was Jed" who got us to the Super Bowl (according to them) and Harbaugh had absolutely nothing to do with it. By this exact same standard then you would have to say Jerry Jones won them 3 Super Bowls. Because he is the owner. Or do you hold a different and completely opposite standard for Jerry Jones and Jed York each respectively?

I'm not even sure whose or what perspective you're trying to reference here. Stop speaking in code and putting words in my mouth (if that's even what you're trying to do, I truly have no clue). Jerry is the worst kind of owner you can have. He anoints himself GM, hires a puppet head coach, and makes just about every bad move possible. are you really trying to defend Jerry f**king Jones? lol

I'm not saying you specifically said that about Jed. But many have is the point. Jerry Jones is a million times better than Jed York will ever be.

When Jed wins 4 Super Bowls and has the best stadium in the league he can be better than Jerry Jones. But not before then. We will see how long that takes?

Prepare to wait a long, long time. Like forever.

So you would prefer Jed fire lynch and appoint himself GM instead of hiring football people to do their jobs. Got it.
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I hate to break it to you all, but Jed didn't go down to the field and tear Jimmy's ACL.

The new take from some that Garappolo's injury caused 20 years of negligence from the York's is wierding me out

The Jed hate magically returned after Jimmy G's injury. People were actually kind of starting to like... sorry too strong of a word. Starting to feel somewhat apathetic towards Jed before Jimmy got hurt.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I hate to break it to you all, but Jed didn't go down to the field and tear Jimmy's ACL.

The new take from some that Garappolo's injury caused 20 years of negligence from the York's is wierding me out

The Jed hate magically returned after Jimmy G's injury. People were actually kind of starting to like... sorry too strong of a word. Starting to feel somewhat apathetic towards Jed before Jimmy got hurt.

Lol team got much more problems than just the jimmy g injury. Do you not watch the games ? But i get it it's a convenient excuse right now.
Originally posted by susweel:

Lol team got much more problems than just the jimmy g injury. Do you not watch the games ? But i get it it's a convenient excuse right now.

QB injuries destroy teams. Ask the Packers, last year's Texans, the 2011 Colts, the 2015 Cowboys. Teams like the 2017 Eagles are not the norm (especially considering Wentz' injury happened when they pretty much locked up the #1 seed anyway).

We've been out-turnover'd 14-1 since Jimmy's injury. I really don't think that's a coincidence.

There are holes but we'd at least be mediocre right now with Jimmy. Being 4-3 right now with him isn't out of the realm of possibility considering how the Chargers, Cardinals and Green Bay games went.

Whether you like it or not Jimmy's injury gives Lynch and Shanahan another year by default, even if we finish 1-15. 2019 is the real test, and it's been scheduled as the real test since we hired Lynch and Shanahan.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Oct 23, 2018 at 12:09 PM ]
So you would prefer Jed fire lynch and appoint himself GM instead of hiring football people to do their jobs. Got it.

Nope. I just said Jerry Jones is historically and proven to be better than Jed York. That's a fact and nobody can argue it.

Jed has no claim to being better than Jerry Jones. None at all. You can even throw in that he is self made and made his own money as a risk taker and entrepreneur. Where Jed is just a silver spoon kid. In addition to all the other things I previously said.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 23, 2018 at 12:12 PM ]

This team sucks real bad. We could be headed for 1- 15. The Eagles just won the Super Bowl within a backup QB.

This team sucks real bad. We could be headed for 1- 15. The Eagles just won the Super Bowl within a backup QB.

The Eagles had a complete defense and were locked into the #1 seed when Wentz got hurt. This isn't even a remotely fair comparison lmao
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

QB injuries destroy teams. Ask the Packers, last year's Texans, the 2011 Colts, the 2015 Cowboys. Teams like the 2017 Eagles are not the norm (especially considering Wentz' injury happened when they pretty much locked up the #1 seed anyway).

We've been out-turnover'd 14-1 since Jimmy's injury. I really don't think that's a coincidence.

There are holes but we'd at least be mediocre right now with Jimmy. Being 4-3 right now with him isn't out of the realm of possibility considering how the Chargers, Cardinals and Green Bay games went.

Whether you like it or not Jimmy's injury gives Lynch and Shanahan another year by default, even if we finish 1-15. 2019 is the real test, and it's been scheduled as the real test since we hired Lynch and Shanahan.

I think they will get another year of excuses next year also. People will say it takes a full year of playing to get back to full strength for jimmy. So 2020 is the earliest we can fully evaluate shannylynch.

Nope. I just said Jerry Jones is historically and proven to be better than Jed York. That's a fact and nobody can argue it.

Jed has no claim to being better than Jerry Jones. None at all. You can even throw in that he is self made and made his own money as a risk taker and entrepreneur. Where Jed is just a silver spoon kid. In addition to all the other things I previously said.

Since Jed started owning the 49ers, the 49ers have won more playoff games than the Cowboys and played in way more conference championships

((I still hate Jed, btw. But Jerry has the advantage of being an owner for MUCH longer and thus more opportunities to succeed))

Since Jed started owning the 49ers, the 49ers have won more playoff games than the Cowboys and played in way more conference championships

((I still hate Jed, btw. But Jerry has the advantage of being an owner for MUCH longer and thus more opportunities to succeed))

We only raise super bowl banners.

-Jed

I think they will get another year of excuses next year also. People will say it takes a full year of playing to get back to full strength for jimmy. So 2020 is the earliest we can fully evaluate shannylynch.

You won't be hearing excuses from me. Next season is judgement season for me. Unless Jimmy gets hurt again. But if he gets hurt again I'll be concerned if we'll ever get to see him more than anything else.

Yep, the homers will need another year of poor preparation, poor ball control, poor tackling and stupid penalties to realize the coaching is sub par.

We see it the same way. Jed, while he has his faults, hires people to do their jobs and for the most part gets out of their way. Jerry has done nothing but run the football side of his franchise into the ground. Making poor choice after poor choice. He's got nobody to keep him in check. They will never be successful while Jerry is the GM. He's proven he has no idea how to build a successful team.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

-Jed

Jerry Jones

~ Self made billioniare. Risk taker entrepreneur.

~ 3 Super Bowl Championships.

~ One of the best stadiums ever built anywhere. Mostly self funded by him too.

Jed York

~ Silver spoon kid. Never did anything at all to deserve the wealth and privilege he has.

~ Zero Super Bowl wins ever.

~ New Stadium with some problems and not on the magnitude of the Cowboys stadium. Too hot, too sunny, not protected from the sun. Underwhelming design that was criticized. Certainly Atlanta, Minnesota, Las Vegas Raiders (to be stadium), Los Angeles (to be stadium), Cowboys stadium and maybe a few others are better. Plus a lot of funding from Santa Clara and not self funded like Jerry Jones either. So there is criticism of taxpayers.

There is no claim here to being better than Jerry Jones at anything.......
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 23, 2018 at 1:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

-Jed

Jerry Jones

~ Self made billioniare. Risk taker entrepreneur.

~ 3 Super Bowl Championships.

~ One of the best stadiums ever built anywhere. Mostly self funded by him too.

Jed York

~ Silver spoon kid. Never did anything at all to deserve the wealth and privilege he has.

~ Zero Super Bowl wins ever.

~ New Stadium with some problems and not on the magnitude of the Cowboys stadium. Too hot, too sunny, not protected from the sun. Underwhelming design that was criticized. Certainly Atlanta, Minnesota, Las Vegas Raiders (to be stadium), Los Angeles (to be stadium), Cowboys stadium and maybe a few others are better. Plus a lot of funding from Santa Clara and not self funded like Jerry Jones either. So there is criticism of taxpayers.

There is no claim here to being better than Jerry Jones at anything.......

You forgot "chased the only winning coach he's had out of town". Add that to the resume.

Marinate on that for a second. Under the York's we haven't had one above .500 season apart from Harbaugh since Mooch (who they also chased out)
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 23, 2018 at 1:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone