LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 159 users in the forums

Niners are 6-1 BUT.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was listening Grant Napier here in sacramento and he was mentioning there is only 1 great team in the NFL in the packers. He acknowledged the Niners are 6-1 but there is just something about them that they aren't considered a great team but couldn't say exactly what it was. I rarely agree with Grant and think he's a doosh but I agreed with him for once. I don't know what it is, but just watching the Niners it just seems like they're not as good as their record even though we've beaten good teams. They kind of remind me of the 2001 Bears that went 13-3 had the number 1 defense, got a first round bye, and lost. What do you guys think?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The Packers are not great. Their passing game is. Everything else is either league worst or below average.
I think this thread is stupid.
Sure bro.
I think people are too damn picky and need to ease up on their standards a bit. They're playing good football and working to improve. Yeah, they're not the #1 greatest team of all time yet. But they're playing very well. Accept it and like it and let the season play out.
We're a young team.
Simple.

We still make mistakes, passing could be better.
The packers have experienced players and a great coach.

Rookie head coach and very young team will only get you so far. But hey, we are 6-1, on the path to the playoffs, which is outstanding for our team
I predict we lose in the playoffs, but this team will be dominant in years to come.

We are young and learning, thats the one thing.
The Packers are a very good team, but they're not perfect. Rodgers is the best player in football right now having an epic season, but they have a crappy o-line and no running game and a suspect D. They win games, obviously, and are very well coached, and make big plays but someone is going to beat them, probably a couple of someones.

there's a lot of mediocre teams in the NFL, especially this year, and even the good teams have big flaws. We're not immune, but we are balanced and are way, way ahead of where we should be, given the context of our season, so maybe we're just overachieving, but the NFL is wide open and there's no reason why we can't be a "great" team in the 2011 season, given that we are improving every game.
Stopped reading at Grant.
What the hell does this thread contribute to the zone? Nothing.

I know it's hard to believe, but the Niners are legit!
"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael Jordan to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends
Despite what the "experts" say you can still win in this league with a great defense, great running game, and average quarterback.
Still too early in the season to be concerned about who's the best. I can see a lot of teams down the first half of the season making a strong run to the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone