LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 353 users in the forums

Why are we not using Vernon Davis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
patiently waiting for his patented seam route bicycle jump catch...probably in the playoffs, our ace up the sleeve.
he needs to grow his dreads out again, dude sucks right now

Vernon and Alex after the game
He dropped it because he didn't get to jump so that he can focus on the ball with less parts of his body moving. He's not very good when too many parts are moving. Of course, if he jumped, he would have probably stepped out of bounds with no effort to try to tap the feet.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Vernon and Alex after the game

looks like Tim Lincecum
He needs to study other elite TEs and see how the find open spots in the defense. I'm sure the Whitten's, Gates, etc are targeted just as much as Vernon. I don't think the 2009 season was the ceiling for Vernon Davis.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
VD has been a bit of a disappoint this year. He's dropped more then his share of passes, failed to get out of bounds on a couple critical situations. Also heard Willis trying to pump him up during the Ravens game to actually run over a safety and not try to run like he's Barry Sanders.

Maybe he misses having his daddy Singletary yell at or something but he's been bit off this year.
I agree with using VD more. Great hands! Seems like they have been using him more lately. Hopefully over the last few games , they start mixing in some more plays for him as to let A. Smith get comfortable and confident in VD's abililties. Bottom line, it's all about #11 man! Is he our ticket to promise land?? Another thread I guess. Btw , also a SD 9r faithful ! Watched a lot of Charger fans bleed at the Q when Neon picked Humphries and ran it up sidelines taunting him as tried in vain to tackle him. Regular season game 94', sweet
Originally posted by Ninergoldrush:
I agree with using VD more. Great hands! Seems like they have been using him more lately. Hopefully over the last few games , they start mixing in some more plays for him as to let A. Smith get comfortable and confident in VD's abililties. Bottom line, it's all about #11 man! Is he our ticket to promise land?? Another thread I guess. Btw , also a SD 9r faithful ! Watched a lot of Charger fans bleed at the Q when Neon picked Humphries and ran it up sidelines taunting him as tried in vain to tackle him. Regular season game 94', sweet

VD has great hands? You sure about that bro? After watching him last Sunday I think he should focus more on shutting his mouth next time more than anything...
While discussing studying great TE's , enough of the Gates crap! T. Gonzalez is better than anyone in league and always has been. Gates' has been injury prone his entire career and has never taken physical conditioning or preparation as serious as TG! Dude comes back to camp 10-15 pds heavier, slower every year. He is San Diego's football version of Tony Gwynn! I know, I live here.

Stone hands
Davis is tied on the team with the most receptions at 48. He also leads the team with receiving TD's at 5. I think we all want to see Davis with 10 receptions a game but that just isn't reality. He is being used...in fact he is being used the most on the team. He is also #9 in receptions for TE's int he league.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Davis is tied on the team with the most receptions at 48. He also leads the team with receiving TD's at 5. I think we all want to see Davis with 10 receptions a game but that just isn't reality. He is being used...in fact he is being used the most on the team. He is also #9 in receptions for TE's int he league.

hes not having his best season, neither is gore, u can make a case willis has had better seasons, i think its awesome that 3 of our best players arent having their best seasons but we're in the playoffs, across the board, just about everyone else on the roster has stepped up
We are using VD, the problem is he isn't making the most of his opportunities. He should have at least 3-4 more TD's right now.
Share 49ersWebzone