There are 222 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hey at least Micheal Lombardi showed us some love picking us to win the superbowl.

Nobody else did lol but they almost all had us either losing the superbowl or playing in the NFC championship game so it isn't like they totally hate us.

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/0ap1000000055270/article/2012-nfl-predictions-stat-leaders-mvp-rookie-awards-more?module=HP11_hot_topics
[ Edited by BayArea on Sep 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM ]
Originally posted by BayArea:
Hey at least Micheal Lombardi showed us some love picking us to win the superbowl.

Nobody else did lol but they almost all had us either losing the superbowl or playing in the NFC championship game so it isn't like they totally hate us.

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/0ap1000000055270/article/2012-nfl-predictions-stat-leaders-mvp-rookie-awards-more?module=HP11_hot_topics

Baby steps!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
It would be bad form (in media world) to contradict previous opinions regarding Smith. It's almost as if they are so attached to their beliefs that they have to stick with them. No mattter what.

And, perhaps most important, negativity spawns attention, and make no mistake, that's what they're really after. Truth is, they know no more than anyone with half a brain.

But you are correct about the QB factor. It takes too much effort and forethought to look past signal callers, so don't expect them to.

This.

Ditto
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I'm just pissed almost everyone on ESPN.com picked the Packers to win it all.

I don't care if they don't pick us, but the collective blowing is annoying.
Originally posted by Janitor:

Annoying and disheartening... yes.. However they did the same thing last year and look what happened.

The real statement the 49ers can make to the rest of the league will be beating the Packers and setting the tone week 1. That will resonate throughout the league if they pull off a decisive win in GB. Sure they might paint a target on their back but big deal that is what this team is all about. Bring your A game and prepare to battle it out in the trenches. It really is what this team is built for. They thrive as underdogs, it's when they get comfortable we should worry.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by Janitor:

Annoying and disheartening... yes.. However they did the same thing last year and look what happened.

The real statement the 49ers can make to the rest of the league will be beating the Packers and setting the tone week 1. That will resonate throughout the league if they pull off a decisive win in GB. Sure they might paint a target on their back but big deal that is what this team is all about. Bring your A game and prepare to battle it out in the trenches. It really is what this team is built for. They thrive as underdogs, it's when they get comfortable we should worry.

I haven't watched ESPN regularly since the 1990s. It is just an awful station. Period. I gave up on them when they picked a freaking HORSE as one of the top athletes of the century.
How did the Niners have no injuries? If Ginn isnt hurt the Niners are in the Super Bowl.
[ Edited by cashmahne on Sep 4, 2012 at 6:03 PM ]
Originally posted by taney71:
I haven't watched ESPN regularly since the 1990s. It is just an awful station. Period. I gave up on them when they picked a freaking HORSE as one of the top athletes of the century.

LOL! Yes, the horse was a bit much. They try to be different at the expense of their credibility. I stopped watching them regularly when every twenty year old announcer on their station tried to sound like Chris Berman! Loved his shtick but impostors got old.
Michael Lombardi and Darren Sharper picked Niners to win NFC just now on NFL Network
Never needed medias blessing, never will.

Would anything change if the media embraced the 49ers like they do the Packers, Patriots, Giants, and the Saints? Other than give the team nothing to prove and no reason to fight? I don't see much motivation for teams like the Packers who already won a superbowl with the current roster, are deemed elite, and it's a surprise if they lose. Don't matter what the 49ers did last season they are still a question mark in the media's eyes. They acknowledge our defense as great but relish in the fact that it wasn't enough to go all the way. Further strengthening their fantasy football minded rankings. Pick defense in the last round of your fantasy draft, as it's irrelevant and put QB and offensive prowess on center stage. They would hate for the 49ers to have won the superbowl last year. That would have killed them. They rejoiced as the 49ers lost.

Whereas this is the upstart group of guys who nobody gives a chance constantly getting none of the respect they deserve. To be honest that is the team I fear over any.
[ Edited by BayArea on Sep 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM ]
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
THIS, also JH could care less about media love but uses their negativity to his advantage
Who cares what they think. All that matters in the end is SCOREBOARD!
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:

Never needed it but it was nice when the players on the team were receiving their share of respect. Winning super bowls will solve this problem.
if we beat GB then there's a great chance we could end up undefeated up until the bye week, that will definitely get people talking...
Share 49ersWebzone